Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto, Canada Treatment Options

Hello,
    I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. My city has a population in the millions. Yet, to my knowledge, there is no one here that does either of these:

1. Probing
    2. IPL

There are many places that do Lipiflow, and at least a couple that do Blephex.

Can someone tell me where to go for IPL or Probing, if you live in Toronto? I am still at the research stage, but I have a lot of scar tissue from recurring styes and chalazions, and have read that possibly having Probing done first, will make further treatment options more successful. Also, my research indicates IPL is more effective, and cheaper than Lipiflow.

If there are other accessible treatment procedures I have left out, please tell me about them.

Thanks.
    Joe

Hi Joe. Try using the search tool in this forum, there's several posts related to Canada IPL or probing. I tried it and one of the first listed was this 2016 post identifying a couple probe doctors in Ontario:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...ontreal-canada

Comment

Also, at least a couple IPL centers in or near Ontario per this article from Toyos Clinic (Dr. Toyos discovered use of IPL for MGD treatment):

http://www.toyosclinic.com/eye-news/...-eye-treatment

Comment

Hi Hokucat, thanks for the reply. I have used the search tool, and was aware of the two doctors mentioned in the Toyos link. One is is a small town, 4 hours away, and the other is in a small city, the same distance but the other direction (Cornwall and Windsor, respectively). If it was a one trip deal, well, I could bear it. But for the Dr.Seuss in Cornwall, it is 4 trips, one every 4 weeks, as a package deal. I live in downtown Toronto, with no car, and have a wife, child and full time job. In short, it is not convenient, and I am very surprised no one in Toronto offers IPL.

That aside, I have read that some recommend being probed first, especially when you have full blockages. I don't see any probing anywhere near me. (It is worth noting Canada is a huge country, so even something in Canada may be thousands of miles away. But again, how can there be nothing here in Toronto, one of the biggest cities in the world?)

It is possible that IPL or probing is in Buffalo, or somewhere in northern New York, which would actually be closer to Toronto than the places I have mentioned (Cornwall and Windsor).
        Last edited by regularjoe; 05-May-2017, 05:39. Reason: typos

Comment

If I were you, I would try BlephEx first.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701
            If I were you, I would try BlephEx first.
            Thanks for that. (And thanks for all of your replies on many of my threads!)

Can you elaborate on why you would do this first? (Convenience is obviously a factor, since it is right her in Toronto. But do you think it is more effective than other treatments?)

Comment

I asked my dr if BlephEx, probing, IPL etc would help me.
              Dr agreed and said if BlephEx is done properly, can removes material from the lid margin,
              enabling secretions from the glands to spread across the ocular surface.
              Many doctors highly recommend it too.

Lid Margin Debridement seems needed to be done on a regularly basis for some people.

Last edited by MGD1701; 06-May-2017, 05:32.

Comment

Working...
              X