Wet Sauna for MGD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Sauna for MGD?

I go to the gym about 3x/week. They have a wet sauna there. Very hot, and with 100% humidity. I know it will make me sweat, but do you think it will help with my MGD, too? Possibly get the oils flowing?

Certainly it won't do harm, right?

I am going to try for the first time today, and will report back. *smiley icon*

Regular Joe

Well I went last Monday, and will go again today. Gonna make it a once a week thing.

I stayed in for 10 minutes. Was not easy. I think there is a strong chance it opened up my glands, but I never really know? I do know it made my body and especially my face pink. I have rosacea, but I don't think it triggered what IO would call a flare up, but I was definitely pinkish from the heat and humidity.

My guess is, regarding MGD, it might help a little.

Comment

You don't need to stay there for 10 minutes straight. You can stay as long as you can tolerate, but do it multiple times with multiple breaks. Like 5-6 times for ~5 minutes, with 10-minute breaks. Yeah, this is the whole "ritual" which consumes quite some time. But in the end you might be amazed of results (in my case they last for ~24 hours). Also, don't do it the day you train, because the sauna itself is quite a load for a body

Comment

Your body is very good at dissipating heat , I highly doubt a sauna would help.

Comment

Working...
        X