X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers wanted for dry eye study, Melbourne, Australia

Melbourne, Australia ~ volunteers wanted with dry eyes

People aged 18 years or older, who have dry eye and have used artificial tears for dry eye treatment are invited to participate in a research study that is evaluating a new lubricant eye drop that is designed to reduce the signs and symptoms of dry eye.

All investigational study medication and study-related examinations will be provided to eligible participants over three months, across five visits (of up to 2.5 hours each) to the University of Melbourne Eyecare Clinic (2/800 Swanston Street, Carlton 3053).

Volunteers will be reimbursed $20 per visit and the option of a Melbourne University Parking voucher to contribute towards out of pocket expenses in attending.

This study has been approved by The University of Melbourne Human Research Ethics Committee.

For more information contact the Study Coordinator: Dr Laura Downie 834 47001 / ldownie@unimelb.edu.au, HREC Number 123489.1
    http://www.optometry.unimelb.edu.au/...tResearch.html
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

The study has already filled its quota of volunteers and the study is about to commence.
    It is a commercially funded study of a new lubricating eye drop that is aimed at people with mild to moderate dry eye.

Comment

Yes I sent them an email and was notified they are full, but will keep me up to date with progress. I made it clear we at australian dry eye were not interested in more "artificial tears" but something that treats the causes and produces tears, treats MGD, etc. The answer I received was that it's a novel treatment for dry eye. So they were holding back on what the product contained.

Later in the year they may require more participants.

Comment

Crap I only just saw this, I guess I missed out

Comment

Well I guess they must be open again as I'm booked in for an assessment!

Comment

Yay Mike, I am happy for you...cheers...F/G

Comment

New dry eye study at the University of Melbourne

Participants needed for dry eye clinical study

People aged 18 years or older, who have dry eye and do not currently wear contact lenses are needed for a research study that is being carried out to evaluate the merit of a unique form of omega-3 oral supplement for treating dry eye.

All of the oral supplements and study-related eye examinations will be provided to eligible participants over three months, across four visits of up to 2 hours each, at the University of Melbourne eyecare clinic (2/800 Swanston Street, Carlton 3053).

Enquires:
              HREC Number 1341262.2

From: https://www.optometry.unimelb.edu.au...tResearch.html

Comment

Working...
              X