Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with tempature irritation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you deal with tempature irritation?

I have severe dry eyes, as well as corneal neuralgia. My right eye (the eye with the corneal nerve damage) is super sensitive to cold temperatures. Anytjing below 72 degrees feels like an ice pick, I get similier effects with any air current that is constantly hitting my face. I wear PROSE which does help, but areas outside the device are still quite irritable. It does seem like moisture chamber glasses does help a bit, just with blocking environmental factors. What do you do if you have to be in a place that you cant control?

Thanks!

Hi. I used to have severe dry eyes too, including my sclera. My doctor said the entire surface of my eyeball was like sandpaper. It got to the point where I could no longer wear my PROSE sclerals.

What did help with the air, wind, and other elements when I had to go out was using several drops of Genteal Severe Eye Gel to completely coat my eyeballs, but you cannot wear your sclerals while using this gel. In each eye, I lifted my upper eyelids and above my cornea put a drop on the right, middle, and left on my sclera while looking down, and pulled down my lower lids and did the same below my cornea, then blinked a few times so the gel evenly spread. The gel stays on the eyes longer, for me sometimes as long as an hour. I would bring it with me and reapply a few drops as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/GenTeal-Sever.../dp/B0000534X3

Sometimes I would also wear moisture chamber glasses/air shields while using the Genteal, but usually just my glasses or with those sunglasses that fit over glasses, since my air shields were not rx, so you may want to consider getting some rx shields.

BTW, do you know what the cause or probable cause is of your dry eyes?
    Last edited by Hokucat; 25-Jun-2017, 21:18.

Comment

Working...
    X