Burning and pain Vs. Gritty and discomfort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning and pain Vs. Gritty and discomfort

I noticed some talking about pain, itching, and burning while others talk about discomfort and a gritty feeling. I wondered each requires a separate regimen. I have a gritty, sandpaper like feeling and extreme discomfort but no pain or itching. I'm just trying to find the right regimen.

Originally posted by DKott27 View Post
    I noticed some talking about pain, itching, and burning while others talk about discomfort and a gritty feeling. I wondered each requires a separate regimen. I have a gritty, sandpaper like feeling and extreme discomfort but no pain or itching. I'm just trying to find the right regimen.
    For me, grittiness was a symptom of corneal neuropathy, nerves that have been damaged and are sending the wrong signals to the brain. I use serum tears, which are eye drops made from blood serum, to maintain the nerves now. I don't have grittiness anymore.

Have you seen an ophthalmologist for this yet? I would try to find one that has a confocal microscope. This device takes pictures of the nerves in your eye - and assuming you have a knowledgeable doctor who can interpret them - you'll be able to find out if you have corneal neuropathy.
    What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
    Dry Eye Survey
    IPL Doctors
    Probing Doctors

Comment

Working...
    X