Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is real and what does your mind make up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is real and what does your mind make up?

Hi,

first off let me start by saying my Schirmer was 9/5 mm (some even might say Schirmer is a useless test because it can vary heavily depending on the circumstances) and my BUT at the start of the year and last year was 7/4 seconds. In march I had 3 seconds on the right eye and 1 week ago I scored an 8 on my right eye!! So judging by dry eye terms, it's not THAT bad actually. I know others have it a lot worse. But still the last 2 weeks, I was at point where I basically couldn't find joy anymore, I needed a break...from life. Just today I cried, lonely in my office. I just couldn't hold it back. And I felt relief after it...not only in my mind but also on the eyes.
    My symptoms throughout the day go from "I can't take it anymore" to "there are no symptoms at all" just like now. I had a day where I only used eyedrops 3 times and just because I thought it couldn't hurt to lubricate my eyes now.

Now my question to you: Is it even possible that the objective problems of my eyes are getting better and worse at this speed? What could harm my eyes up to the point that they burn like hell to the point where I'm free of symptoms within the course of a few hours?

Does healing maybe start with the mindset? I'm at a point where I skip meals and lose weight because I'm too nervous and distracted to feel the need to eat anymore. Most of the day I can't even feel joy anymore and I'm mostly emotionless or sad.

Sometimes I feel like that too. I just came back from the optometrist today and he said my eyes look great but my symptoms doesn't match. There is nothing he can do to help me. My eyes burn at night and feel better if I douse it with Theratears which makes me think that my tears are hyperosmotic. Any type of wind or air dries my eyes out so badly that I get really bad headaches. The tears do not come to relieve my dry eyes. I do feel yoga helps. Hang in there!

Comment

Went to the doctor yesterday cause the burning got more severe again in the afternoon and she diagnosed a conjunctivitis. So I guess that's where the burning comes from right now. Cortisone (steroid) drops for 5 days now. Hope they kick in soon. Any experience how long it takes for serious relief?
      Should I continue with warm compresses right now? Or wait until the worst isymptoms are gone? Maybe I'm even stressing my eyes with this.
      Man my eyes give me a hell of a ride this year.

Comment

Working...
      X