Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone diagnosed conjunctivochalasis and MGD and got better without AMT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone diagnosed conjunctivochalasis and MGD and got better without AMT?

Some months ago I flew overseas to dr ****** in FL, and he told me what I was already told since before- MGD and lack of tears. He performed intraductal probing and cauterization of all ducts. They day after I got a major flare up and got really bad. After spending several days in his office trying to figure out what went wrong, I got the diagnosis conjunctivochalasis. He adviced me for AMT surgery. I am simply curious to hear if anyone else got diagnosed with conjunctivochalasis on top of MGD and became better WITHOUT the AMT surgery? I went to many doctors and he is the only one who could see the chalasis under my upper eye lids. I am a bit careful in proceeding with surgery when he also told me I would get better by the intraductal probing but only got way worse.

I saw Dr ****** too. At that time, he was the ONLY one who said I had conjunctivochalasis (CCh for short). He literally tells everyone they have CCh. Dr ******, while a nice guy, does the exact same continual exams and treatments for every single one of his patients: demodex test, meibography, probing, telling you you need AMT. I can just say right now that I have wasted $10,000 US from seeing him.
    Last edited by linguininess; 20-Nov-2017, 17:07.

Comment

FYI - ****** diagnoses everyone with chalasis and advises surgery

Comment

Linguinines I would strongly advise doing some more research before seeing Gulani as two previous posters who had AMT surgery in the past with him had some pretty horrific results.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse81 View Post
          Linguinines I would strongly advise doing some more research before seeing Gulani as two previous posters who had AMT surgery in the past with him had some pretty horrific results.
          I read your old 2013 posts about Gulani and those two previous patients. Unfortunately there's not much info (diagnosis, condition, post-op treatments?) about those patients and why they received such a bad outcome from Gulani.

Comment

Working...
          X