Blurry vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry vision

I'm wondering if anyone has problems with partly blurry vision. A few months ago I had some parts of my vision blurred which went away if I quickly looked left/right or blinked a few times. Now it's mostly blurry and I can only ocassionally get it to disappear for a fraction of seconds with blinking and such. Is this a sign of inflammation?
    My TBUT is 6 seconds in both eyes at the moment. So the tear film should be stable for at least some seconds. Also after putting in eyedrops I get some heavy blurryness all over the my vision, also can't remember having this before.

I have blur, double vision, glare. I do have punctate keratitis / epithelial defects though (as seen on fluorescein dye test by ophthalmologists).

The eye needs a smooth surface for the light to come through but with dry eye the surface becomes uneven. As well as aqueous deficiency and meibomian gland dysfunction that compromise the top two layers of the tear film, there's also the mucin layer at the bottom, formed by goblet cells, which help adhere tears to the eye evenly. This can also be affected by dry eye.
    Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Sorry PhoenixEyes to hear about you have such defects. I hope they are not so serious.
      Why doctors did not detect them earlier? Impossible??

Comment

Punctate keratitis is quiet common in dry eyes. In fact you're really doing something right in treating your dry eye if you don't have any defects at all. They usually heal up quickly though.

Comment

Blurry vision is my number one complaint with my dry eyes. My discomfort is low or at least below a threshold where it's my primary concern. I wouldn't say the blurriness is major, but an annoyance because I need to blink a lot or sometimes wait without blinking for my vision to settle in. I assume my tear film is no good, but I can't get any doctors to care.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
            Sorry PhoenixEyes to hear about you have such defects. I hope they are not so serious. Why doctors did not detect them earlier? Impossible??
            Unfortunately it's part and parcel with what happened to me due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, I had no defects or dry eye before then. It breaks down the top layer of skin and mucous membranes so my cornea and surrounding conjunctiva was completely eroded (a huge green circle on fluorescein dye test). I was initially blind but doctors helped to restore vision by having the ward nurses apply various eye drops regularly and a temporary bandage contact lens. The doctor also meticulously cleaned with a Q-tip and updated me each visit with regard to how wide in diameter they were, as they healed from the outside in gradually shrinking. But due to the trauma and damage to glands (lacrimal, meibomian) and consequent severe dry eye, I still have persistent epithelial defects that are difficult to heal, like tiny pointillism dots. I've since had one or two abrasions that have healed, so I think I still have good stem cells within me for healing, but like wissen says punctate keratitis can be part and parcel of dry eye so it's a persistent vicious cycle. I'm hoping autologous blood / serum or amniotic membrane eye drops will help further since they have wound healing properties.

Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Working...
            X