Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DKott27 View Post
    Would Scleral Lenses help even though I'm very low on eye glands>
    Without eye glands producing oils then there is more friction between your eyelid and eye surface. A scleral lens may help protect the eye from that friction.
    Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

At the scleral consult, they will likely have you try on a sample pair for an hour or so, to see if you can tolerate the lenses and if it helps your eyes feel better. If it does not, then you would not usually proceed with the more material costs of the fitting process. So would recommend you go to a consult to find out if you are a candidate for the lenses.

When all my glands were blocked and I had zero tear film, I could no longer wear my sclerals. But I've read other people in this forum with virtually no oil who sclerals help. I've also read people with less severe MGD and or less aqueous deficiency who could not tolerate sclerals at all. There are likely factors like the quality of the tears and meibum, smoothness of the sclera, diameter of the lens, expertise of the scleral fitter, etc. that could impact how comfortable the lenses are for each person or whether one is able to tolerate wearing sclerals.

Comment

have you tried to apply honey to your eyelid margins and on top of your eyelids at night, and leaving it on all night? That has helped me quite a bit...although not ocmpletely.

Also driking 2-3 litres of watr every single day...you should notice improvement after 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X