Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to monitor Glands by ourselves - avoid more atrophy? Any good tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to monitor Glands by ourselves - avoid more atrophy? Any good tools?

Hi
    Are there tools to monitor glands status by ourselves at home?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by MGD1701; 11-Oct-2017, 03:54.

Hi,
    This is a very good question, and if someone has a technique to do it, please explain us.

I've bought two mirrors on Amazon (30 euro) : ZADRO 20x Extreme Magnification and ZADRO 30x
    To compare, Doctor told me the slit lamp is 50x
    I haven't found better. So I can see the lid margin and eyelashes.
    But it is difficult to interpret the oil when I press the glands. I don't know whether the oil is enough and whether it is good quality. Very difficult on the upper glands.

Comment

I have 12x (& x15) very good quality so it is actually better than x20 (Zador) - but still not good enough to spot glands.
      I can however, see (big & small) oil drops from upper glands with nature light.

We can only see (clear) oil with slit lamp (for its light) especially for lower lids, I have read.

Last edited by MGD1701; 07-Jan-2018, 16:32.

Comment

Hi
        This should serve the purpose. But HOW to get it? Anyone knows it?
        The BlephEx
        LashCam Demonstration

May 31, 2017

Dr. James Rynerson demonstrates the BlephEx LashCam. Visit www.BlephEx.com for more information or contact Thomas Basile at 860-478-5351.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzp-KzycRb4

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
          I have 12x (& x15) very good quality so it is actually better than x20 (Zador) - but still not good enough to spot glands.
          I can however, see (big & small) oil drops from upper glands with nature light.

We can only see (clear) oil with slit lamp (for its light) especially for lower lids, I have read.

Blephasteam: I use it to monitor oil/section status - I can feel oil flowing.
          with macrowaved masks/Bruder, I can not - no idea WHY? maybe wet vs dry heat??

Hi,
          -How 12x can be better than 20x or 30x ? Which brand ?

-For info , the trick I found to have a wet heating with Meibopatch is to put wet cotton rounds on the eyes first and then the Meibopatch in a small freezer bag.
          it is warmer than blephasteam

- Curious that The BlephEx LashCam is only 5x

Comment

LashCam: really only x5? but is very practical.

x30 mirror: do you find x30 is better than x20? I just find x20 is not so clear - maybe poor quality? But Zador is made in USA.

Meibopatch: great you have found a better solution.

Comment

I had Zadro x20
              https://www.amazon.com/Zadro-Extreme.../dp/B00158SEFO

Now I have Zadro x30 and it is more magnifying than x20.
              Of course it is more difficult to watch because you need to be exactly a the right distance to see.

I cannot compare with other mirrors. Maybe a quality mirror 15x would be better than a poor quality x20. I should try. Can you recommend a product ?

Comment

Working...
              X