Blinking exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking exercises

Has anyone had any improvement to their dry eye by using blinking exercises?

Hi Sue. After unblocking my glands with probing and getting my oils to be more flowing (vs. thick like Crisco oil) from diet changes, blinking exercises do help now.

Because I have aqueous tear deficiency, in addition to MGD, it helps first thing in the morning for me to drink a cup of water to give my eyes some moisture as soon as I get up, then wait a few minutes before doing blinking exercises. In general I try to do the exercises every few hours, and also drink water. But when my glands were blocked, it didn't help, nothing did, I think because they were so severely blocked, including many with scar tissue.

I've read someone's eyes were so dry, they scratched their eye or got an erosion from trying blinking exercises, so it's not for everyone. Perhaps putting in a few drops of artificial tears first may help, but wanted you to be aware, even something seemingly harmless like blinking exercises can potentially cause damage for us dry eye sufferers!

Comment

Thanks for this advice. The blinking exercises do seem to release oils for me.

Comment

Working...
      X