Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your dry eye ever affect your face and throat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your dry eye ever affect your face and throat?

On the days or times my eye gets so bad the side of my face feels weird and even my throat feels like it's closing up. I was thinking maybe the pain and discomfort is so strong it's affecting my trigeminal nerve.

Some get ocular rosacea which I think also affects their face. Sjorgen Syndrome can give people both dry mouth and eyes.

Just in case get a detailed X-ray by a dentist though. I suffered from pain down one side of my head for ages. Went to dentist multiple times and did the in-clinic on-chair X-ray, went to ENT to check ear (as I also have tinnitus), went to maxillofacial to check jaw as I also have TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder). But at a different dental clinic with a separate X-ray room with a machine you stand up in it turned out I had infected wisdom teeth that the other X-ray machine missed.
    Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Comment

Should I mention these conditions to my doctor? I know doctors hate when their patients try to self diagnose.

Comment

Definitely mention your other symptoms to your doctor. He/she might refer you to a rheumatologist for in-depth tests for Sjogrens Syndrome or other autoimmune diseases. Dry eyes and throat are hallmark symptoms of Sjogrens, which my doctors believe I likely have. Also, it can cause other symptoms like swelling of the salivary glands, which could impact what you're feeling on the sides of your face. My rheumatologist always checks the sides of my face on a regular basis for swelling.

Here's some info on Sjogrens:

https://patient.info/health/sjogrens-syndrome-leaflet
        Last edited by Hokucat; 20-Oct-2017, 01:23.

Comment

Working...
        X