Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyes getting red whenever I brush my teeth?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes getting red whenever I brush my teeth?!

I've been noticing this happening for about a year now. Whenever I brush my teeth, a vein in my eye usually enlarges/appears in new places.
    Just last night, before brushing, I looked at my eyes in the mirror to check how they look beforehand. Then, I started brushing my teeth and half way in my right eye starts watering and A NEW VEIN pops out from the inner corner of my eye. I'm positive it's the tooth paste... I've contemplated not using it, but how will I clean my teeth then? The veins are getting more prominent and it's starting to bug me. Sometimes I don't even want to brush my teeth anymore. :/

Does anyone else experience this?!
    I'm also 18 and don't usually have dry eyes, if it helps.

I use this http://www.alfree.com.au/
    anything similar where you are?
    Is the water too hot/cold ?
    Do you have cavities or exposed teeth nerves . get a dental check .
    Try different toothbrush? e.g. baby soft toothbrush.
    Any facial /jaw pain ?

I don't experience this but rather avoid drying conditions /products .
    http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Do you bend over when you brush?

Comment

My face fets red when I brush my teeth. This is because the action of brushing and/or my toothpaste (e.g., peppermint) are triggers for facial rosacea. I haven't noticed my eyes getting red tho. I'll have to check that. Usually I avoid looking at my eyes... It's one way to avoid obsessing about them!

Comment

We tried Euthymol toothpaste to test if fluoride is a problem. I really like it anyway but it tastes weird at first if you're used to mint.

If you're bending over, could be pressure on arteries? Do you get red veins standing up? Or do you bend over plus hold your breath while brushing? I know the carotid links to the eye in various ways, not just venous, because there is exchange of fluids. New things to Google...

Do you get the eye veins when you blow your nose?
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

This happens to me too, I think there's something in the toothpaste that irritates the eyes. Possibly the peppermint. The redness is transient though.

Comment

My eyes are really sensitive to regular toothpaste but Toms natural is a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by soaps View Post
                I use this http://www.alfree.com.au/
                anything similar where you are?
                Is the water too hot/cold ?
                Do you have cavities or exposed teeth nerves . get a dental check .
                Try different toothbrush? e.g. baby soft toothbrush.
                Any facial /jaw pain ?

I don't experience this but rather avoid drying conditions /products .
                I use Colgate toothpaste. I guess I should switch to a fluoride-free brand.
                Soft-bristle brushes don't seem to help.

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                We tried Euthymol toothpaste to test if fluoride is a problem. I really like it anyway but it tastes weird at first if you're used to mint.

If you're bending over, could be pressure on arteries? Do you get red veins standing up? Or do you bend over plus hold your breath while brushing? I know the carotid links to the eye in various ways, not just venous, because there is exchange of fluids. New things to Google...

Do you get the eye veins when you blow your nose?
                I stand up while brushing my teeth. I don't think arteries are the cause of the redness because I'm pretty young. Maybe? And while I brush my teeth I don't think I hold my breath. Sometimes my eyes water when I blow my nose but I never notice any redness.

Comment

Thank you to everyone to who replied! :') I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing redness while brushing my teeth. Does anyone know of a good fluoride free tooth paste that I can buy in Canada? I will definitely buy some and see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X