Solutions for Dry Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing.

LipiFlow helped opened all my glands, which I did 18 months ago.
    I did not do probing as just some months ago, a professor confirmed that I did not have scar tissue.

Inflammation: did dr check if you have scar tissue since you have inflammation, just curious.

Compress, massage: did dr recommend these? If so, mind sharing, including brand, frequency, temperature, etc? Thanks!

PRN: Many American doctors recommend this brand.

I am sure soon you will gain more relief!
    Last edited by MGD1701; 08-Jan-2018, 02:53.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for sharing.

I had the medical consultation post-Lipiflow after 3 months.
      He didn't not check scar tissue. He said the oil is now clear and perfect while another doctor told me the oil is a little thick !

Omega3: he recommended cod liver oil, and said it is better than any capsule. I will try it. One spoon every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
        Thanks for sharing.

LipiFlow helped opened all my glands, which I did 18 months ago.
        I did not do probing as just some months ago, a professor confirmed that I did not have scar tissue.

Inflammation: did dr check if you have scar tissue since you have inflammation, just curious.

lid cleanser with HOCL: I think your dr means other products are NOT pure and contain
        sodium hypochlorite which are ''cytotoxic'' and ineffective. This is what I have experienced too.

Compress, massage: did dr recommend these? If so, mind sharing, including brand, frequency, temperature, etc? Thanks!

PRN: Many American doctors recommend this brand.

I am sure soon you will gain more relief!
        I feel so much better already and so far have reduced need for eye drops. While they feel better they do not look better, the redness remains. Not sure about scar tissue as I’m not sure if the 3D image showed him that level of detail.

Yes on pure HOCL, only thing that has made a difference. He said he has remedies for inflammation but wanted to get the dryness under control. So far so good I would say.

Comment

MDG, one follow up. You said lipiflow helped open up all of your glands. My 3D image showed several of my glands gone completely and the doctor said they would never come back.

What was your experience? Or did you mean to say the ones that are still alive? About half are missing from my bottom lids and a third of my tops. The rest of them were damaged and not producing any oil.

Comment

Images
            3D images? sounds hi-tech. My images were taken from infrared light and camera - only lower glands. They show % area of loss and the shape. Based on my research and confirmation from my Uni. doctor and a few doctors in USA -
            glands recovery is possible - but only if they are still alive

Last edited by MGD1701; 17-Jan-2018, 02:11.

Comment

Originally posted by okhuskerfan View Post
              Well I had my appointment and as suspected I have several glands missing and the ones I have are damaged. He did lipiflow, prescribed me a mild steroid and gave me high dose Omega 3’s. Also was adamant about using non preservative drops and gave me an eye goggle. They feel better today but this could be the steroid. We will see.

It’s somewhat disheartening to see the mixed results on this board but I am crossing my fingers.
              Sadly, that is the nature of dry eye, what works for one doesn't always work for another because the etiology varies widely. It just becomes trial and error to find out what actually works for us and individuals. The suggestions and support on this forum are an invaluable tool and I am always finding out about new therapies 8 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by okhuskerfan View Post

I feel so much better already and so far have reduced need for eye drops. While they feel better they do not look better, the redness remains. Not sure about scar tissue as I’m not sure if the 3D image showed him that level of detail.

Yes on pure HOCL, only thing that has made a difference. He said he has remedies for inflammation but wanted to get the dryness under control. So far so good I would say.
                Hi okhuskerfan,

Great to know you feel better just one week after doing Lipiflow.

Could you please explain about HOCL :
                -Only thing that has made a difference ?
                -How long have you been using Heyedrate Lid cleanser and do you feel relief with that ?

Comment

Originally posted by mbperso View Post

Hi okhuskerfan,

Great to know you feel better just one week after doing Lipiflow.

Could you please explain about HOCL :
                  -Only thing that has made a difference ?
                  -How long have you been using Heyedrate Lid cleanser and do you feel relief with that ?
                  I’ve been using it for just over a month and it is great. I do feel relief using it. I’ve tried both heyedrate and Avenova (RX) and I think heyedrate works better.

i just spray it directly on my eyelashes and let it dry. My eyes feel a lot more moist after using it and I no longer get crust on my eyelids. I recommend it!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I will try it soon and keep you informed.

Comment

Working...
                    X