This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping eye lids closed

My eyes tend to open partially at night. I have been trying to tape them but either my eyelids find a way to open anyway or the skin get irritated. Very often it is both.

Any tips in how to keep my lids closed ?

Hi,

So I guess what you're saying is that you have dry eyes because your lids remain open while you sleep? If so, they're different things you can do. Click on this link: https://dryeyes-store.com/dry-eyes-night/

Comment

What I did for a while to see if it helped with my condition (it didn't but obviously opening my eyes at night was not part of my problem) was to buy a pair of Eyeseals from the Dry Eye shop

https://www.dryeyeshop.com/eyeseals-...coal-p639.aspx

and to actually keep the lid closed I folded a piece of damp gauze which applied enough gentle pressure to the lid that it could not easily open. The dampness of the gauze helped to keep the eye moist as well. It worked well and had nocturnal lagophthalmos been my problem it would have worked wonders.

I liked these eye seals because they are very soft, hypoallergenic silicone I think, easy to tolerate and do not leave an indentation in my skin in the AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingWolf View Post
        My eyes tend to open partially at night. I have been trying to tape them but either my eyelids find a way to open anyway or the skin get irritated. Very often it is both.

Any tips in how to keep my lids closed ?
        hi! I too suffer from severe dry eye. I have tried EVERYTHING! All that you,ve mentioned and more. One thing that helps me at night is the erythromycin eye salve. After reading a dry eye forum, I tried this sugesstion. Place some kind of moisturizer( i use castor oil) on your eye lids and around your eye. Put the eye salve in your eye, and then cover your eyes with plasic wrap. It works very well to keep the moisture in. And it stays on all night with the castor oil as a moistureizer......Only relief i get.

Comment

Thank you all!

My eyes gets so blurry and light sensitive lately I didn’t had the chance to reply before now.

Comment

Working...
          X