Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benzalkonium chloride as an inactive ingredient

Hi everyone,

Have you guys tried visine eye drops? I've heard so many good reviews that I decided to buy the new kind they have, its called VISINE DRY EYE ALL DAY COMFORT..
    Well I've never tried the other ones they have because I've noticed most of them have benzalkonium chloride I think as an inactive ingredient, but what is that supposed to mean?

BAK is the preservative that you must avoid, it is very damaging to eyes.!!! I hope this one doesn't contain BAK

Comment

Hi Sophie,

Any reviews on the Visine Dry All Day? I also heard about them and was wondering.

Comment

Farmgirl: this new one does NOT contain BAK.

mommy and me: mehh.. they are alright. One thing I’ve noticed, if I use them once, I have to keep using them all day, I don’t know how to explain but it’s like my eyes are becoming addictive to the drops?? It feels good, it’s not bad, but I have to keep using them all day, I don’t get any long term relief. I’ve doing good all this days since I’m taking double fish oil and it’s really helping me!

Comment

Whew, that is a good thing. Now that I read your post again, I see that you said that. To answer your question properly an inactive ingredient is one that is there for some other purpose than to medicate, could be to preserve, adjust PH or whatever.

I am happy that you are feeling better. It has been my experience that if I have to keep adding drops it is because they are more irritating than helping and the need to keep adding is more from inflammation than anything. This is of course my perception and may not be the real reason.

Comment

umm good perception actually!

I want to go back to my doctor's office to get more of the ones I used at the beginning, they were called MO Emollient something like that and I can't find them anywhere else and they're SOOOOO GOOOOD!

Comment

That's great news Sophie! Glad you are feeling better. Did you follow through on the Lipiflow?

I've also doubled up on my fish oil recently. Hoping it helps as well. Can I ask which ones you use?

Comment

I didn't do the Lipiflow.. like I was just telling farmgirl I'm scared to do it.. and the money it's a bifg factor too..

abd fish oil, my doctor recommended a really expensive ones, here in the US I get them at CVS, but to be honest I felt the same when I was using some cheap ones I bought at walmart.

I can;t remember the brand, tonight when I get home I'm going to send you a private message with the name, they're like $60... I used to use NATURE MADE FISH OIL LIQUID SOFTGELS and they were cheap and as good as the expensive ones I have; I think they;re only expensive because it contains flax seed oil, fish oil and evening primrose.. all in one.

Comment

https://ssli.ebayimg.com/images/g/fV...jk/s-l1600.jpg

Comment

No all oils are created equal, the better oils cost more, processing is different, source is different, Although it is not always the rule, as with a lot of things for the most part, you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                      No all oils are created equal, the better oils cost more, processing is different, source is different, Although it is not always the rule, as with a lot of things for the most part, you get what you pay for.
                      This - PRN is my go to for fish oils now. I tried cheaper formulas (generic, Theratears), but the PRN is actually making a difference, at about 2500mg/day

Comment

I don't know what it is, when you google PRN fish oil, the first link I got was from Amazon. the first review, the guy said that he tried it for 3 months and he didn't notice a difference in his eyes between the cheap ones from the drugstore and the expensive ones.

I just mentioned to farmgirl a couple of weeks ago that I was doing soooo good and suddenly one day I started with the worst dry eyes ever, no changes in my routine.

It's such a mysterious disease I swear, out of nowhere, can't be totally cured,.. what in the world? but you know what, maybe we need someone who's "important" to have this disease, like Bill Gates you know so they can invest in finding out how to cure this!

Comment

Sure and he practically invented home computers that are responsible for so much of the problem....go figure

Comment

Working...
                          X