Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Oil / NAC

Hello Hello!

I am looking for recommendations and/or suggestions on fish oils. When I was first diagnosed with MGD I began taking Theratears Nutrition as my supplement. I took this for months, and while I can't say it did make a difference, I can't say it didn't either. I started seeking something stronger and found Barlean's Omega Swirl High Potency with 1500 mg of EPA/DHA in one tbsp. I have taken this 2 months now, recently increased to 2X day. I feel the difference on my tummy but am waiting to see it in my eyes. Now before I spend another $30 on the next bottle of Barlean's, I wanted opinions on any other fish oils (perhaps PRN?) that have truly provided great results and will hopefully be more economical.

Secondly, I recently started NAC (600mg/2x day). I have noticed a decrease in my symptoms, leaving me with an eerie feeling that something is going on, but again cannot 100% contribute it to this. I am definitely going to continue it for the long run as I suspect it is doing me well. Anyone else have any insights on this?

Thank you!

I think PRN is a good one it is something about the re-esterified triglyceride form (rTG) that makes it better although I am not sure what the even means....gotta take the Dr's word for it.

Comment

Thanks farmgirl. I might give the PRN a try for a couple of months and see if there is any notable difference.

Comment

I just tried a new one called Barleans Fish Oil. I've noticed a big improvement!

Comment

Working...
        X