Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you think are the bests futur treatments for DED in 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think are the bests futur treatments for DED in 2018?

Hi All,
    I want to share with you what i think is the bests futur treatment for DED in 2018.
    I think, the First is PRP or stem cell injection in the meibomian's glands.
    the second , Lacritin.
    and you what do you think?
    Last edited by bobXfr; 23-Jan-2018, 15:03.

Seems like Lacripep (Lacritin) has lots of potential, but will rather be available in 2019/2020 and not this year.

Comment

I have Sjogrens and am really excited about PRP for the lacrimal gland. Never heard of Lacritin....love this forum, it is a wealth of info...gotta go study.

Comment

K, checked it out and now I am excited about both!!!

Comment

farmgirl, in case you live in America, you may even consider to participate in the lacritin study which is only for sjögren dry eyes. Currently, there are many many locations where you can participate. i follow them on facebook and they need people for their clinical trials

the research of professor gordon laurie et al. of the last 15 years (or so) suggests that it will very likely be helpful for all form of dry eyes (mgd, aquesous)

unlike to other treatments, it seems that lacritin can address the root cause of dry eyes (inflammation from top to bottom) as opposed to other treatments which only improve the inflammation "from bottom to top"

if true, lacritin can have a powerful influence like insulin for diabetes, i.e., it may actually be able to RESTORE tear film health and hence does not only mask problems

i have also read that lacritin can help to accelerate healing corneral nerve damages from lasik procedures

probably the best thing about it: it seems also pretty riskless, since one would only add a naturally missing protein (lacritin) to the tear film via eye drops.

their main discovery was that almost all dry eye peoplr are lacritin defficient (particularly sjögren and contact lense induced dry eyes if I remember correctly). there are 1500 proteins and it needed almost a decade (correct me if im wrong) to find the correct one that has larger impact on tear film health

recently, professor gordon laurie hinself posted some info about lacritin at http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum.../3679-lacritin
          Last edited by dede29; 23-Jan-2018, 20:40.

Comment

Yes, lacritin is very very promising.
            Unfortunately, i leave in europe. Maybe I'll change the country .lol

Comment

@bobXfr: same issue here...

Comment

HI Bob: I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, are there any studies near there? Anywhere in the NW or even Florida or Dallas/Houston Tx would be doable.....oops, hold the bus I found the list...F/G.

Comment

Crap, they require 5 visits over a 6 week period....ain't gunna happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X