Why is dry eye becoming more common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is dry eye becoming more common?

Within a few years all of my family, living in different cities developed dry eye and others I know too. It seems to be more common today, back in the 90's or ealy 2000's I don't remember anyone complaining of dry eyes. I for example got it and I don't use smartphones much and have used a computer since I was a little kid and it never affected my eyes. What is the cause of this in society today?

You might be the exception to the rule. I certainly got dry eye because of using computers too much.

We're going to see an entire generation affected by dry eye thanks to smartphones. People seem to be addicted to them.
    What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
    Dry Eye Survey
    IPL Doctors
    Probing Doctors

Comment

Originally posted by matt357 View Post
      I for example got it and I don't use smartphones much and have used a computer since I was a little kid and it never affected my eyes. What is the cause of this in society today?
      Sadly, it is not just smartphones, it is video games, web surfing, school work on computers, e-readers, work computers. and to a lesser extent TV. and all of those years as a kid on a computer, well it has caught up with you. Add to that we eat way too much prepackaged fast nutrient deficient food as your average young person (old people are not exempt) either doesn't know how to cook or doesn't want to take the time....at least in the.....'world according to Farmgirl'

Comment

Working...
      X