Chromlyn sodium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromlyn sodium

Anyone ever try cromolyn sodium solution to help with inflammation from dry eyes. My dry eyes are due part from partial gland blockage and poor quality tears. Also take an antidepressant that has an antihistamine affect Mirtazapine which doesn't help the situation. Waiting to get on Restasis. Have lots of anxiety so I'm extra sensitive to pain. Use Bausch & Lomb soothe during the day. Use refresh celluvisc at night. Been doing warm compresses with minimal relief. Keeping eyes clean using diluted baby shampoo and hydrate lid and lash cleaner. Waiting to get on Restasis upon insurance for approval. Eye doctor I went to did not do a oil gland quality analysis just said they were little clogged. Also said I don't blink completely. Also when I do the compressors I have used rice in a washcloth as it stays warmer much longer than wet hot washcloth. My problem using the hot compress is I don't know if it's too hot or not because it seems to also make my eyes tear when I do it. I touch it to my wrist and it's comfortable seems very warm on the eye but doesn't actually hurt the skin itself. Also does seem to cause some pain on the eye itself from the Heat , Not sure if I'm using too much heat. Current doctor said use as hot as you can tolerate it . I don't think that is very good advice . I've read differently the temperature should not be above 117 degrees. Also read you should not push and express the glands when cornea is very warm because you can cause damage to it. Okay Also I have extremely dry skin all around my eyes and in my upper cheeks so it's difficult to keep Heat even the what heat on for a long time because it dries out the skin even worse. Made appointment to see another doctor for my dry eyes 2 get more thorough analysis and treatment and reasons that I have it to begin with. Also a doctor that will Express the glands if necessary analyze the oil and come up with more comprehensive treatment then just telling me keep them clean use hot compress and take Restasis. Several weeks ago said I had a little bit of blepharitis. Put some antibiotic ointment on for 3 days and it just made my eyes tear a lot the next day. I saw his partner today and he gave me the chromlyn to help with the inflammation. I read the side effects of it it says burning itching and dry eyes I'm not going to try it tonight but maybe tomorrow morning see how it goes I would appreciate any input thank you
    Last edited by ozzyz666; 12-Mar-2018, 20:13.

Hi Ozzy. Re: dry skin all around your eyes, I used to have that too, and using warm compresses, artificial tears, and residue from lid hygiene products would irritate, sting, and further exasperate the dryness and rawness.

One of my eye doctors recommended I apply night time preservative-free eye ointment on the skin all around my eyes, like night-time PF Refresh or Genteal Tears. The Refresh seems to be out of stock at several places, but for me Genteal works better on the skin, maybe it has more white petroleum and only a little mineral oil, vs the Refresh has a much higher mineral oil content:

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/g...nteal-ointment

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/r...=6741767684139

I tried using Aquaphor and Vaseline instead since that's cheaper, but my skin was so raw those caused irritation too, perhaps because not preservative free.

If I do not apply the night ointment to my skin almost every night before I sleep, it starts to get dry again. And it seems to work even better when I wear my EyeSeals 4.0 over it (mentioned to you in another post today), guess because that seals out the air so it does not evaporate or I don't rub it off while sleeping.

Comment

Vaseline can have mixed results. It will seal in moisture that's already in the skin but I have also read that Vaseline can tend to dry the skin out on its own. Of course this is on a website that has a Dermatology site that I bought some good lotion from the contains urea and of course none of their products contain petroleum they are the ones saying that petroleum or Vaseline can actually dry the skin. Was using this urea lotion underneath my eyes where the skin is really dry but didn't put it on too close to my eyes as to not what any getting in my I obviously.

Need to get more vitamins in my diet that help the skin like vitamin A and also reduce my anxiety and stress as this is also not good for your skin. Been suffering from extreme anxiety the past several years. Have seborrheic dermatitis on my head and on the side of my face and now starting on my nose. My forehead and head get really oily and so does my nose now worse than when I was a teenager even.

thanks for the tip I was actually using the nighttime ointment in the corners on the outside of my eyes where the skin is really dry it was the refresh one. I initially use that in my eyes a long time ago about 9 or 10 months ago when I first got the dry eyes and found it to be a royal pain in the ass to put in your eyes and clean up and seem like after using it for about a week and made my eyes worse. At that time I wasn't getting in cleaning it up very well the next day so that probably contributed to the increased irritation or possibly just my eyes not liking it. I was also using the refresh brand at that time.

Comment

Tried the blinking exercise today made my eyes tear. Eyes were a little better today as I seem to be getting over the virus I have which made the eyes even worse don't know if they just got dryer or the extra tearing was due to the cold virus. I'm 56 years old and had viruses all my life obviously and never really got excessive tearing from them in the past maybe somebody irritation and a little bit of tearing. I guess now my eyes being dry or more sensitive a lot more in down right pain all day and night. Last night was a little better at 5 a.m. when I get up to go to the bathroom I only opened my right eye which is the better eye and it hurt but it did not have any reflex tearing I think it tiered slightly that I went back to sleep for a while

Comment

Working...
        X