Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Giant Papillary Conjuntivitis (For almost 2 years)...Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronic Giant Papillary Conjuntivitis (For almost 2 years)...Please help!

Hi there. I've been dealing with chronic (16 months) GPC (basically an eye allergy from contacts+allergies). To cut to the chase, I've tried and have been diagnosed with almost everything in the book- GPC, blepharitis, dry eye, etc. After a plethora of steroid medicine, allergy shots, blood tests, and dry eye treatments such as punctal plugs and lipiflow, I decided to give my eyes a break. After about 3 months with no treatment, the dry eye had disappeared, but I still have a foreign body sensation in my eyelids.

The ophthalmologist I am currently seeing suggested that I have chronic GPC, and that the GPC may have adapted to my eye's environment and thrived, which is why it's still there even though I haven't worn contacts in over a year. However, the immuno-suppresent medicine he prescribed me hasn't really helped my eyes.

Does anyone out there have any ideas on how to relief this pain? It's very tiring and I just want my eyes to feel relief.

Hi there! Yikes, that's rough. - I had some GPC issues years ago, thankfully it eventually resolved since I have to wear scleral lenses to see and GPC really messes with that. I used a mast cell stabilizer drop for awhile and that helped more than other things, but I also adjusted my lens wear time. When I was diagnosed, though, two very good MDs had completely different opinions about what was going on. I wish I knew what the answer was for you. Working on getting some more doctor participation in the forum!

Just an off-the-wall question for you: Did your MD flip your lids? I have an OD who, among other 'pet' diagnoses, clued me in a couple of years ago to the issue of calcium deposits some people get in their lids that can cause a lot of discomfort. Just thought I'd mention, on the off chance!

Is there anything you've tried that brings any temporary relief to the FBS?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I have a similar issue (amongst others), and it's challenging, especially with scleral lens comfort.

Rebecca, what eye drop did you use as a mast-cell stabilizer?

Comment

Working...
      X