Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, warm or cold compresses for posterior blepharitis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, warm or cold compresses for posterior blepharitis?

I have had improvements in the last 8 months with my various treatments (adjustment of hormones, sodium hyaluronate drops, restasis, lipiflow treatment). I am not bothered my dry eye, or very little. I can stare at a computer screen all day.

My main problem all along was very severe posterior blepharitis, which make it very difficult to look upward or around due to the friction on my inner posterior eyelids. I can't look at TV, play video games, or drive at all because it is too painful. I can watch videos on a small window on my small laptop screen. I have been able to stare at it more and more without looking away and to make the window larger and larger. I have had slow and gradual improvements in this regard.

In the beginning I didn't want to use a heating mask because I thought it would only make this crippling inflammation worse. In last December I decided to finally give it a try, and did so for four months straight. I felt great relief every time, and overall I thought it helped my eyelids improve slightly faster than before.

However now four months later I'm not so sure anymore. I'm worried of making the inflammation worse again.

I tried putting icepacks on my eyelids for 30 seconds a few times every day, and it seems to give me a bit of relief, but my problem is that it makes my eyelids even more stiff than they usually are and it is more difficult and painful to look around. Per comparison using warm compresses make me feel much better. I do it at night and in the morning I don't really feel irritated and feel better, more lubricated and probably less inflamed.

So I don't know what to think anymore and how best to hasten my recovery.

As far as putting chemicals in my eyes or on my lids, I found that save for Restasis and a few sodium hyaluronate drops, all else makes the inflammation of the inner eyelids much worse.

In general in the last few months I felt pretty good, but now that we're April and the temperature overs below and over 0 degrees constantly over night and day, my lids are very uncomfortable.

I have had horrible results with cold compresses. As for hot compress, theres a balance. You want to do it enough to relieve the gland, but not so much that you increase the inflammation. I was doing a compress twice a day and that was great at first, but now once a day or once every other day helps me. I also use avenova right after to clean the debris and feel good. also on alrex and restasis just started both but both have helped A LOT so far.

May I ask, how did you decide to treat your hormones, cream or injection and what do you take exactly? I'm working on my hormones also at the moment.
    Last edited by Dowork123; 05-Apr-2018, 06:10. Reason: correction

Comment

Be careful how much you 'stare' at a computer screen as that in of itself can cause dry eye---permanent dry eye due to gland dropout from lack of blinking. Read pythonidler's post on computer related dry eye if you are not familiar with it.

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...nduced-dry-eye

Comment

Working...
      X