No announcement yet.

Dry eyes at when I lay down/at night - LASIK causing eye aches/ head aches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the US. Though I am situated in Utah. I have zero issues with dry eyes during the day (I'm lucky, I know), its just at night. If I had any puncta plugged, I'd try the top first...I think when you lay down at night, liquid from the eyes goes all over the eyes, and not just down to the lower puncta. So if I plug the uppers, shouldn't affect me at all during the day, but at night it could be a saving grace! Who knows.

I'll check this Muro solution out!

Comment

[QUOTE=thegreataus;89760]Could you maybe put a link to a product or two? Maybe even from Amazon?? I have amazon prime...love it!

I receive this direct from the the people who carried out my refractive surgery, so I'm not really sure where they get it from other than it's a Spanish product. I've tried googling it, but I can't find a direct link to a supplier. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
        Does the Muro solution stop your eyelids from sticking to your eyeballs? That's the problem I have - it's been a long winter and my eyes are not impressed... bad sticking overnight these past few months. Wondering if I ought to try Muro...

When you say you use both, do you just use a drop Muro, then a drop of HyloGel and head off to sleep?

Hi Saag

I have the same issue as you with my lids sticking to my eleyballs. I've been dealing with it since having PRK in November 2011. Muro128 does help, but for me not 100%. The ointment works much better than the drops.

What has been helping me a great deal lately is a combo of Restasis, Muro ointment, and Tears Again Advanced lipisome spray. I drop in the Restasis morning and night with the night application being about 30 minutes before going to bed. At bed time I put in the muro128 ointemnt, then close my eyes and spray the Tears Again onto my lids and lashes. I've been following this regimen for about 1 month and my incidences of stuck eyeballs have gone from at least every other day to now I've had it happen only once in the past seven days. Also it seems that when the sticking does occur it is much less stuck and easier to get free. I'm hoping that with continued use the improvement gets even better as I understand that Restasis can take quite awhile before it reaches full effectiveness.

Anyway, over the past 2 plus years I've tried many things. This combination is showing some early results and promise.

Comment

Hi Jovver,

I found some of the Muro ointment and the 5% solution. However, the solution contains preservatives, which is really bizarre. I'm a chemist/biologist and I can't figure out why a strong saline solution would need preservatives. Is there a version that doesn't have it?? I'm considering making my own though!! Boiled distilled water with 5 weight % saline shouldn't be too tough, right??

The Muro ointment is not working as I'd hoped it would. I still wake up with eyes that are super dry. Not quite sure if they are sticking to eyelids...but they are super freakin dry.

I miss my days of being able to sleep in...

Comment

Has anyone tried Neo-Poly-Dex ointment for their night time dryness and eyeball sticking? My doctor prescribed it for me to try and the results so far have been wonderful. From what I could find about it it's an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. I was skeptical at first because when I looked it up on the internet the first match I got was from a site called PetMeds! Well, whether it can be used on pets or not I've had no instances of my lids sticking and ripping on my eyeballs, and really my eyes haven't even felt very dry when I wake up at night or in the morning.

I still use Restasis twice a day, then smear the Neo-Poly-Dex on my lid seams and lashes before bed (the label says put it on the eye but my doctor said to rather smear it on the seams) then I still also put the Muro ointment on the eye. It's been working like a charm. Without question my eyes are the best they've been in the two and a half years since the PRK procedure.

It was only $3.00 to have the script filled so it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

Comment

Working...
            X