Update on MDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on MDG

Hi guys! So I've decided to quickly update you guys on my dry eye because I've received a couple of private messages with the same questions (not that it bothers me, that's cool) I just want to let everyone know, what worked and what didn't for me; so, I actually don't visit this forum that often anymore, I actually gave up HAHA that's right I am done with my dry eye, I don't care, I owe so much on medical bills even with insurance and I just can't afford it anymore, so, making it short, nothing worked for me, all eye drops recommended, diet, PROGESTERONE cream, nothing absolutely nothing worked or even gave me a little relief (actually with the progesterone cream I had a flare and I had the worst dry eyes I ever had)

The only things I take religiously and that allow me to have "a normal life" are: my fish oils (I stop buying the expensive ones I just grab whatever brand at walmart, with the highest percent of mg), flax seed oil, VITEX vitamins (I get them on Amazon) and Evening Primrose vitamins. I do want to point out that it took months for this vitamins to actually build up in my body and make an effect, I've been taking them for at least 8 months now.. at the beginning I didn't feel the difference,

To be really honest I feel like I've doing good, I had of course bad days when I have to use multiple eye drops (I'm so sorry but I forgot the name I get them at walmart) and I just use them when needed, they're natural. Of course I've noticed on my super bad days my tears are kinda yellowish color, since I have MDG, but then the rest of the days when I'm doing fine my tears go back to clear! It's so odd!

I feel like I've doing pretty good (knock on wood) but another thing that drastically changed was my job, I am sensitive to bleach and I used to work in this gym with a pool 5 meters away from me, and somehow being away from the pool now I feel like it helped!

Let me know if you have any other questions, like I said I've tried everything!!!!

oh and another thing, I totally stopped wearing makeup.. YUP I'm still sad about that but anyway... I am doing good so I have to be thankful for that! Tonight I am actually wearing some, foundation and even eyeshadow and surprisingly I haven't used any eyedrops, but I've been wearing it for 2 hours or so and I do feel my eyes started to get irritated... eveytime I use makeup IT'S NOT AN ALLERGIC REACTION because I am fine it just feels dry...

Comment

Thanks for the update. I think I have issues with my glands as well that has become noticeable after laser eye surgery. Been taking fish oil and vitamins and doing compresses to see if it helps.

Comment

So glad to hear you are doing much better Sophie

Comment

Originally posted by Johno_87 View Post
          Thanks for the update. I think I have issues with my glands as well that has become noticeable after laser eye surgery. Been taking fish oil and vitamins and doing compresses to see if it helps.
          I tried compresses for a while, but I wasn’t consistent so I don’t know if they worked or not..

but but guys I can tell you something.. I feel like I was so concentrated and digging way too much into this, like now that I’ve stopped thinking about my dry eyes 24/7, I feel like a have a more normal life.. I know, I still have it it cause I’m still using eye drops, my eyes are almost stuck together every morning.. but if I don’t let it affect me, I really reaaaaally feel so much better, even when I have flares. Don’t let it control your life.

Comment

Well put Sophie, I think we all tend to do that somewhat in the beginning and then as we find some relief we can let it go a bit and then next thing you know it seems ever so much better.

Comment

Working...
            X