Grainy white blockages in eye lashes, can't get them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grainy white blockages in eye lashes, can't get them all

I would like to get suggestion from patients with sensitive skin. How can I disolve the white grains stuck to my eyelashes without prolonged warm compresses and baby shampoo? I’m 56 and in meno I have been diagnosed with MGD and of course bleph - which I have had since I was in my mid 20's. I haven't been diagnosed with Rosacea, but everything I read points to that skin problem. Dr's don't help - they just suggest the warm compresses, baby shampoo which I can't use and punc. plugs. I can't use warm compresses for long time and i can't use rice bag - my eyes turn redder and my lids and surrounding skin turns yellowish and scaly - just what every girl wants I have one eye that is the worst - lids puffy all the time with grainy white blockages around the upper eye lid. I can feel the grainy blockages with warm wet cotton ball, there is a slight catching on the grain that I can detect and when I scrub the area the eye lashes feel sore. My routine is twice a day without fail, bathing lids with warm water and cotton ball - finish up with a cotton swab - 1 eye at a time, takes about 10 minutes for each eye if no eyelashes take a dive into the eye ball. Can't use any drops - tried many and they a
    Eileen

Hello, I can't use baby shampoo as anything like that makes my pinguecula flare up so I have been using ocusoft. I live in the uk and boots sell the wipes and the foam. They are quite expensive £9.99 for 20 sachets or £11.99 for the foam pump. They clean the bits out my lashes well and soothe my eyes, I do prefer the wipes as they feel like they really moisturise my lids. Hope they can help you if you haven't already tried them.

Cath
    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Cath - Thank you. I will give Ocusoft a try. Sorry to hear you have pinguecula - I had to look it up - I hadn't heard of it before. We all have something...or else we wouldn't be participating at this site. I hope that someday doctors will find a cure for all of our problems.
      Eileen

Comment

Working...
      X