Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do doctors check to see if your glands are dormant (scarred over)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack1988 View Post

thanks, and have you noticed an improvement?
    Hard to say. Right now I'm not using them because they are prescription goggles, and my scleral lenses are also prescription - so I can't wear them both at the same time.
    What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
    Dry Eye Survey
    IPL Doctors
    Probing Doctors

Comment

Originally posted by pythonidler View Post

Hard to say. Right now I'm not using them because they are prescription goggles, and my scleral lenses are also prescription - so I can't wear them both at the same time.
      at least you are getting some comfort

I am on FML and Hylo-Forte atm, but will look into blue light filtered lenses

Comment

Hi Jack. Regarding diet advice, different things work for different people because we have various underlying causes and levels of severity. But I would suggest making additions or eliminations to your diet one at a time, trying each change for at least one week. I kept a detailed daily log of everything I ate and drank (as well as supplements and meds taken, exercise, etc.) and how my eyes felt in order to determine what helped and what bothered my eyes. It was a lot of work, but that's how I discovered what personally helps me:

After my last meibomian gland procedure, I started drinking fresh lemon juice in strong green tea 2x daily. Within a week eyes felt less dry. I think somehow the lemon/tea was the most effective of any diet changes (or of any meds or treatments) because the natural antibacterial, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties of the lemon/tea helped my gut, immune system, and overall body including the glands in my eyes function correctly from the inside out.

Other things I found beneficial (or detrimental) in my diet:
        -Protein, like juicy salmon or periodically a small portion of quality steak or prime rib (I know, right!? Beef does work for me for some reason every time, but I limit it).
        -Spinach or kale salad.
        -A cup of berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries) or pomegranate.
        -Fresh juice made from a rainbow of vegetables, including kale, chard, collard greens, bok choy, beets, cucumbers, carrots, butternut squash, and parsley, and apples. When added parsley to the mix, had noticeable improvement in dryness.
        -Drinking lots of water all day, including right before bedtime and as soon as I wake up.
        -Limiting sugars, gluten, and dairy.

I also take flaxseed and fish oil, but don't think it helps me. I've been taking it for years, and never noticed any improvement.

Comment

Working...
        X