This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NovaTears/EvoTears

Our practice in Australia has been given samples of NovaTears/EvoTears for the management of MGD and evaporative dry eyes. It has no water content and feels very very oily on the eye when I tried it myself.

Its active ingredient (Perfluorohexyloctane) was not mentioned in the latest Dry Eye Workshop II report; and as far as I know there are no studies to compare its effectiveness to other eye drops. However its ingredient does fall under an entirely new class of eyedrops (semifluorinated alkanes).

As I don't have dry eye myself, I would be interested to hear if anyone else has tried NovaTears eye drops and what your experience has been compared to other drops such as Hylo-Forte or Systane Balance.

Recently saw this mentioned elsewhere and have read the two studies. I'm in the U.S. and just ordered it from a pharmacy in New Zealand. Haven't used it long enough to form much of an opinion. However, it hasn't caused any discomfort and I'm hopeful based on the research.

My one concern is the instruction to store it below 77 degrees F and emphasizing that it should not be refrigerated. Temps in my home might very well go above 77 and I'm not sure how to keep it protected.

I will post any relevant update.

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X