Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The leaves of Diospyros kaki exert beneficial effects on a bac–induced murine ded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The leaves of Diospyros kaki exert beneficial effects on a bac–induced murine ded

Results

EEDK treatment resulted in prolonged BUT, decreased fluorescein score, increased tear volume, and smoother epithelial cells compared with BAC treatment alone in the cornea. Moreover, EEDK treatment inhibited the inflammatory response and corneal epithelial cell death in a BAC-induced murine dry eye model, and changes in squamous cells were inhibited. Proliferative activity in the corneal epithelium cells was improved with EEDK. Conclusions

EEDK could be a potential therapeutic agent in the clinical treatment of dry eye.
    see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4818957/

Thank you bobXfr , in my country we have Diospyros kaki trees, I can use its leaves by boiling in the water and make hot compress with it maybe..

Comment

Thanks for the article bobXfr. I wonder if it also helps dry eyes which are not induced by BAC/BAK.

Chuto, perhap brewing the leaves to make a tea to drink would be beneficial too, similar to how they administered it orally in the study.

Comment

you are welcome chuto
        as mentioned in the study, the water is drunk and not used in the eye. so, be careful.
        tell us please if you feel better.
        good luck

Comment

@Hokucat . I think it'll help all dry eye because at least it inhibits the inflammatory response and improves activity in the corneal epithelium cells.

Comment

You're probably right, bobXfr. Next time I'm at a health food or Chinese herbal store, am going to see if they sell these leaves dried so I can add it to my daily lemon/ginger/green tea. Am always looking for further improvements!

Comment

good luck Hokucat

Comment

Working...
              X