Dry Eyes and Allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eyes and Allergies

Well it's that time of year when I usually start taking my Reactine. This time I'm hesitant because of the effect it might have on my dry eyes. Does reactine and for that matter allergy drops, have a drying effect?...thanks

It does BUT if you have allergies- in my opinion that pain is worse. I am using Claritan right now, and find it helps me in the spring.. Do you have moisture chambers to keep the pollutants out while outside? Do you think your MGD is from allergies?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
      It does BUT if you have allergies- in my opinion that pain is worse. I am using Claritan right now, and find it helps me in the spring.. Do you have moisture chambers to keep the pollutants out while outside? Do you think your MGD is from allergies?
      I do have moisture chambers, but don't know if my MGD is from allergies. I didn't know allergies could cause MGD's. My allergies aren't that severe...just seasonal...so I would tend to doubt it...thanks

Comment

My doctor thinks my MGD is from rosacea, even though I do not have it on my face. Apparently you can have ocular problems without skin problems. Lucky me! I would way rather just have it on the skin.

Comment

My doctor thinks my MGD is from rosacea, even though I do not have it on my face. Apparently you can have ocular problems without skin problems. Lucky me! I would way rather just have it on the skin.
          Are you taking doxycycline for rosacea ? I take 40 mg of a slow release doxy that is meant for people with rosacea, but it's crazy expensive. It's called apprilon.

Comment

I have a script for that, but usually don't get it because of the price. I use 100mg every other day. I am having lid issues right now so I am using 200mg for two weeks, then taper. Spring is the worst time for me as I am allergic to pollen. The only reason, I agree with my doctor is that I have food triggers. I also see like the best doctor in Canada so I trust him.

Comment

I have a script for that, but usually don't get it because of the price. I use 100mg every other day. I am having lid issues right now so I am using 200mg for two weeks, then taper. Spring is the worst time for me as I am allergic to pollen. The only reason, I agree with my doctor is that I have food triggers. I also see like the best doctor in Canada so I trust him.
              Hi Faith...what city are you in? I'd love to find a doc I could really trust.

Comment

I am on immunotherapy (allergy shots) solely as a means to ensure allergens to exacerbate the dry eye any more than it would.

I am allergic to dust and grass really badly. I was on shots for 3 years and opted to continue them due to dry eye. So it's precautionary for me. I'm afraid to stop. My allergic responses aren't really eye or nose/sinus related. For me my lungs would close up and I'd have oxygenation levels in the 80s. basically I had something akin to really bad pneumonia.

so shots for life. side effect may be that it prevents allergic responses to my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                X