Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New dry eye sufferer, extremely frustrated, need answers and help desperately!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Skizzy - you need to see your family doctor in the morning for a short course of antidepressants to help you through this very bad time. It's really important that you talk to someone you like and trust now about how all this is going.

Depression is a normal illness, buddy, and can be fixed. This is a chemical mood and does not reflect the opportunity and happiness you can have in future as your life slowly improves.

There is so much worry there and you need to talk it all over with a real person to get everything in perspective and decide what's important. Your painful eyes will get better as you learn how to look after them yourself with help.

Have you had mood disorder and anxiety through the teenage years?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Just communicating via email with Skizzy at the moment (possibly phone at some point) - just an fyi for all those who watched or participated in this discussion, when someone's spinning out of control and esp. if they are evidently overtly suicidal, I can't let the discussion continue online. (And of course as many of you know there was another element to this one that made it necessary to shut it down.)

If anyone has encouraging words or short-term pain management suggestions for Skizzy that I can pass on to him please let me know (via email) and I will. Many of you have been 'there' - at least somewhere in the neighborhood of that dark place - and know how scary it is to try to navigate and how hard to press on. Many thanks to all who have reached out. Prayers also much appreciated (by me that is).
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca, you are so kind thank you for him. I will pray for him. I'm in the same situation. It could take time, acceptance and hope are the only ways... I just don't know what to do to help but I'm 25, and I know how hard it is. If he needs to talk I'm here.

Comment

Working...
        X