New here and desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dominorose View Post
    Just another thought: I have night sweats, I supposed it was related to my caloric intake bc I have them for 2 years now, before my dry eyes problem, but could it be related?
    Night sweats, facial hair, dry skin, dry eyes... I'm really thinking this could be hormone related after my eating disorders.
    You might have lanugo from anorexia. Do you have someone (specifically a doctor) helping you with your recovery? They would probably know more about all the different medical issues (e.g., dermatological, endocrine, menstrual, etc.) that go hand-in-hand with anorexia. Certainly you would need a battery of tests to make sure your body is healing and recovering fully.

Good luck.

Comment

Dominorose, I get that feeling too. Like unicorn said, it's probably from inflammation. Weird but I have night sweats and had anorexia too. When I started eating normal again is kinda when my symptoms started...

Your story really sounds like me. Private message me if you want!

Comment

Yes it could be lanugo but I have restored my weight and eat "normally" for one year now, that's why I dont think the night sweats could be related to renutrition....it's been a "long" time in my opinion? But I'm not sure. I have an appointment with a gynecologist on monday I will explain him and ask him for hormonal balance tests.

I have 3 other questions:

- which Wiley X would you recommend for a small face?
        - do you know any face moisturizing cream that wont be too agressive for light rosacea and dry eyes (i wont put it in my eyes but im afraid to put anything on my face and bc my skin is dry its tearing like hell after a shower)
        - do you think after one week i should keep using the antihistamines?

Thanx

Comment

I will have to come back to my appartment tomorrow. I live alone, I am so scared to face this on my own. I will have to go back to work on thursday, I really hope things will get better then bc right now I just can't spend more than 10" on a computer...

Comment

Hi

A friend of mine living in Canada will try to get Restasis online for me. Do you know any safe canadian shop where he can buy it online? Thank you

Comment

Hi

I would like to know if I should continue to follow my conjunctivitis treatment. The ophtalmologist gave it for one month but I feel better so what should I do?

Yesterday and today are good days, I don't want to be too excited and have to be careful so I would like to know if I should continue the compresses too?

Thank you

Comment

No one?

Comment

Just a quick update. I feel better, I know DES is chronic so I will take it one day at a time. But I've came to the point I really think all of this is caused my emotional distress. I've had eating disorders for 5 years as I said before but never saw any therapists, I recovered on my own. But even if I eat normally now, I really think I still have a lot of things to adress (depression).

I really think my body is trying to give me a message with this disease, maybe it's time for me to adress a lot of unresolved emotional issues of my past. My DES worsen just after I found out a guy I liked really much was cheating on me. The day after I decided to break any contact with him. I think the coincidence is too flagrant...

Comment

Hi DominoRose

Hope you're doing ok. I believe that anxiety and depression are a largely responsible for my dry eye too. I think there are other factors but Ive noticed that when I get upset my eyes are always worse. My eyes have been screaming out to me for so long to sort things out emotionally, wish I'd figured it out sooner. I would continue using the drops for the conjunctivitis as long as they don't seem to be making your eyes worse, I don't know how they work but they always say to take your full course of antibiotics.

Kind regards

Catherine
                    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Sorry I should also mention that sometimes it feels like I have something under my upper eyelids, it can feel like a little pin prick or like a tiny stone is there, I don't know what this sensation is caused by but I believe its part of dry eye disease , when I do a warm compress that helps.

Catherine
                      27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

I don't really know if anthistamine drops make my eyes worse, I will see my ophtalmologist tomorrow I will ask her if I should stop. I'm feeling way better than last week (couldn't open my right eye most of the time), now I can sometimes "feel" my tears when I blink several times, but I'm not there yet. I trust my body, I know my eyes will heal with time. I try to stay positive to control anxiety the best I can...

Comment

I can't spend my entire life like this. I think about suicide all the time these days I dont know how to cope anymore, it's too hard for me.

Comment

Dominorose, You need to reaccess your mental health docs and look at talking therapies and maybe antidepressants, sweetheart. I have young daughters too and it's tough to be a young female balancing health needs and enjoying the good life we have, but thank goodness now the medics understand this all too well. In fact, some doctors know more about this than they would say professionally at first so finding a sympathetic medic like that is a big help.

When we are feeling low, we must stay away from negative people and seek out positive thinkers. At health charity meetings and patient support groups, some of the most energetic leaders and campaigners there have the most difficult medical conditions but working for the group gives them strength. It might help to seek out other kind people in mutual support groups in Paris, but definitely avoid negative thinking.

It helps me a lot to 'take a holiday' from worrying. Nothing much changes in a day, and it's a big relief.
                            Last edited by littlemermaid; 21-May-2014, 01:39.
                            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Yes littlemermaid, I will see my therapist on friday.

I am really anxious I won't found any real relief for more than a few hours. I'm afraid I will have to live like this all my life... I just want some relief. The only thing that help is chewing gum all day long but it really starts to hurt my teeth...

I saw my ophtalmologist this morning, she told me the conjunctivitis was over. I dont know if I should continue the treatment. She told me to continue... But im so afraid to use the BAK drops

Sorry for all the negativity here, I'm just terribly afraid and so sad...

Comment

Back to the nightmare. Today my eyes are burning like hell and bone dry I want to die

Comment

Working...
                                X