Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xiidra- excessive (constant) watering on one eye - and it hasn't stopped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xiidra- excessive (constant) watering on one eye - and it hasn't stopped...

I had been managed on Restasis for years pretty well (ie 60% improvement) but decided to try Xiidra to see if I could get better results as my OD highly recommended it. (BTW background--my dry eye occured after LASIK many years ago). After 1-2 weeks of xiidra my left eye began watering NONSTOP. I continued for a week as annoying as it was, hoping this would get better with time, but it didn't. I then discontinued Xiidra at week 3. It is now 8 days later and my left eye is still watering constantly . Has anyone had this issue with Xiidra and then stopped? How long did it take to get better and how long were you on the Xiidra?

To note: I tried xiidra several months ago and the same thing happened but at that time I stopped after a few days of excessive tearing, and the tearing subsided quickly.

I am just quite worried that my eye is still tearing so much after stopping Xiidra. and the watering is not due to dry eyes because I've continued on restasis.. and I can tell when my eyes feel very dry (i've had periods of stopping all drops and I get a burning sensation, more redness).. I do know 5% of patients have excessive tearing from xiidra from the drug profile info and others have had similar s/e from another forum i've been on). i do believe it's purely a side effect of xiidra. it makes me worry that it is still happening 8 days after stopping! what if its a permanent side effect. would welcome any feedback from anyone who has had similar side effects and if/when they improved..

i tried calling xiidra help line but they said they have no info how long the drug would affect the eye after stopping .. or on how long side effects would last.

i plan to make eye dr appt soon if this doesnt get better in a few more days!! btw - do you think optometrist vs opthalmologist is equally as good at evaluating my problem or should i go to one vs the other? thanks!!

Hi there I just read your post because I’m having the same excessive watering of the eye issue after using Xiidra also. I was wondering if it cleared up and if you saw an ophthalmologist ?

Comment

If are in the US and you encountered a side effect that was severe enough to stop using the drug, please consider reporting to FDA medwatch! It's free and only takes around 10 min and you can report directly on FDA's website. The best part is they will tell you if your side effects are normal and you'll be helping other patients too.

Comment

Working...
      X