Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moist Eyes

Hi guys,

Today my eyes feel really moist! However, how do I know if this the right type of moist. So, I suppose what I'm asking is, is there any way to tell if the moistness is being caused by basal or reflex tears? If that even make sense!

I'm worried that they are reflex tears due to dryness, but I'm anxious about using drops as they are so easily irritated. Arrgh, this dry eye business is so complicated!

Many thanks in advance,

A confused and perhaps not so DryLondoner.

Same here. They're starting to be more moist these days, I feel quite okay when I'm inside, but when I'm outside in windy conditions, the relief is over. I don't understand it either.

Comment

hi Dominorose,

Glad to hear you're doing better indoors! I too am pretty ok at home, about 60% ok.

At work it's a whole different story, they are very angry and red, and feel scratchy and as if the eyelids are rubbing.

However, on the tube/bus/walking down the road, as long as I have my glasses on it seems ok. I am so fed up now, I can't handle the back and forth. It's so demoralising when you go backwards.

I suspecting it's the AC/dust at work.

Comment

Personally I'd say relax and enjoy the extra moisture

Too many reflex tears can have a bit of a 'leaching' effect that you learn the feel of, sort of chapped feeling.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Wise words, Rebecca. I'd say 'relaxing' and letting my body heal is my main problem.

Better get off this computer and back to meditating...

Comment

+1 for Rebecca

Comment

Working...
            X