Is this rosacea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this rosacea?

Hello. Do i have any type of skin problem ? I have never worn contacts and never had lasik. I have not noticed that food, alcohol or anything cause flushing. My face gets red when i excercise.
    I am asking this because my eyes are dry. My mother's and grandfather's face are little redder but their eyes are fine. Ty
    Click image for larger version

Name:	cut1.png
Views:	1
Size:	713.6 KB
ID:	156066Click image for larger version

Name:	cut2.png
Size:	504.7 KB
ID:	156067Click image for larger version

Name:	cut3.png
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	156068Click image for larger version

Name:	cut4.png
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	156069

A dermatologist can tell you, pramps. It is possible to have rosacea in your eyes and not on your face, on your face and not in your eyes, or both places. I have it on my face and in my eyes, but did not get it in my eyes until I was quite a bit older. You need to see the doctor for a diagnosis and to set your mind as ease. Best wishes.

Comment

I don't see any debris on my eyelashes. I used to wash my eyelids but i didn't see any improvement. My eyelids are red, so it is most likely ocular rosacea? But how can a doctor say my mgd is caused from the ocular rosacea and not from the contacts, lasik, eye strain or sth else? They all cause inflammation and make eyelids red.

Comment

You can have rosacea on your eyelids, and also in your eyes. The inflammation caused by rosacea messes with the oil gland and causes them to block and have poor quality oil. There can be more than one thing causing your mgd, and rosacea can be one of those things. Lack of tears and dry eye also causes inflammation which can affect the oil glands. If you have rosacea, you are generally prescribed an antibiotic to take long-term. Your job is to get the inflammatory levels in check which can be a challenge. Sounds like you might be looking for a second opinion. There are lists of really good dry eye docs found on this site. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
        X