Good Days, Bad Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Days, Bad Days

I have had this for 2 years. I have recently be logging what I eat, drink and do each day to try to figure out how this happened and how I can manage it. what I noticed is that I have a string of about 3-4 days that are what I call "good days" where my eyes seem Ok, I can mangage good. Then I wake up on day 4 and I have a, "bad eye day". Where my eyes are sticky , squeeky if I rub them, sting, burn, can not bare bright light. My blepharospasm sets in on these days and I have a hard time managing day. Its just strange how I can not go 1 week without a bad day or 2 bad days.

Does everyone have good and bad eye days? or are your eyes consistantly bad?

Thank you for your thoughts.

mine is sort of like that and it takes some really hardcore living for me to get "right" again.

disclaimer: I'm Aqueous deficient. No MGD.

case in point. My ophthalmologist kept warning me that winter would be brutal on my eyes, etc. This was last summer when my eyes were killing me. I went on a very strict high greens low meat/fat/dairy, almost no wheat diet. 2 gallons of water a day. I wasn't exercising at the time because my back was hurt. Lost about 30 lbs. exercise ensued. feeling like a 'normal' person again from October 1 until about mid-May.

I had slacked off on my strict lifestyle of good food and PLENTY of sleep/rest. W/ the summer coming my sleep pattern gets messed up too. BOOM. I get a few weeks of really bad dry eyes. Went strict again. June was for the most part good w/ some dryness sprinkled in.

July has been hell. I felt better in June and slacked off. Not much slacking but it seems even a little laziness on my routine will hurt me for at least a week or two. I had been staying up late and not sleeping as much as I should... boom, eyes are on fire.

I am back to a pescatarian diet (vegetarian w/ some fish for my meat intake). doesn't help that the office has air conditioning either but I can't help that.

thing is I should just be strict all the time. it would be healthiest, but sometimes I want to enjoy life too . But it's not worth enjoying it w/ burning eyes.

Comment

Thanks for your reply DryInUpStateNY,

sounds to me that at least if you KNOW what will help you, you should just keep doing it as much as you can. I am still trying to figure it out. Good Luck, stay on your diet, it seems to be working for you! thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X