Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Skin Routine Effects on MGD--Metrogel anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Skin Routine Effects on MGD--Metrogel anyone?

Hi everyone,

I've noticed a pattern with my skin routine and issues with my eyes. Has anyone else noticed these problems or have recommendations?

I take Pro-Omega fish oil twice daily along with this.

Routine #1
    Washing face 1x per day at night
    Washing eyes 1-2x per day with Occusoft, doing massage, and using eye drops infrequently

Effects
    Oily skin that becomes clogged and gross, occasional MG clog which I can massage out or scrub off easily. I feel greater comfort reading, doing daily activities, notice less abberrations, and my eyes seems just fine using eye drops almost never!

Routine #2
    Washing face 2x per day and moisturizing afterwards
    Washing eyes 2x per day religiously with Occusoft, doing massage, and using eye drops 2-3 times daily.

Effects
    Skin becomes much clearer and brighter, and pumps out oil more noticeably (probably because it's less clogged).
    Eyes become terrible. They feel dry and bulgey. It's harder to read or do things requiring concentration. Lots of/worsening of aberrations, including large starbursts that I haven't seen in ages, tearing and burning later in the day. Eye drops don't seem to help. If I use them at night, I feel much worse in the morning than if I don't use anything.

I can't seem to win. Either I let my skin clog up and become filled with bacteria which is more likely to infect the glands. Or I deal with signficant dry eye issues while keeping my skin and eyes very clean. Anyone else had this problem?

I tried multiple cleansers and moisturizers. At first I thought it was using moisturizer with sunscreen, but I'm now using one without any and still have issues with Routine #2. My eye doctor has now recommended metrogel, but I don't think I have rosacea and am reluctant to add more to my routine. I've seen dermotologists multiple times for acne issues, and they never mentioned rosacea.

Anyone have any comments on using metrogel? Or a routine which helped them with their oil deficient eyelids? My doc even recommended to put the metrogel on my eyelids!

Best,
    Amanda

I use Metrogel on my cheeks. I've thought about using it on my eyes but it seems a bit iffy to me without a dr recommendation (which you have but no one has ever suggested that to me). I only use Metrogel as needed, which doesn't give me a lot of information about how it may affect my eyes since my eyes are usually drier than usual when I need Metrogel anyway. It does help with the redness (inflammation) on my cheeks so it makes sense that it might help the eyelids. I'd just be super careful about making sure it doesn't get into your eye.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
      I use Metrogel on my cheeks. I've thought about using it on my eyes but it seems a bit iffy to me without a dr recommendation (which you have but no one has ever suggested that to me). I only use Metrogel as needed, which doesn't give me a lot of information about how it may affect my eyes since my eyes are usually drier than usual when I need Metrogel anyway. It does help with the redness (inflammation) on my cheeks so it makes sense that it might help the eyelids. I'd just be super careful about making sure it doesn't get into your eye.
      Thanks for the info. I guess he thinks it will help with any skin inflammation. My skin doesn't have any of the tell-tale signs of rosacea. I blush easily sometimes, but it goes away fairly quickly. I also have lots of clogged pores and blackheads, but none of the usual pustules that accompany rosacea.

I just wish I could figure out a routine that worked for both my eyes and my skin, something that will help with unclogging pores and keeping me clean but not hurt my eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X