Woke up with one really red eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woke up with one really red eye

Hi Guys---I have been doing a lot better but this morning I woke up and one eye was pretty red. It has gone down slightly since then but is still way redder than usual. I will probably go to the doc tomorrow if its not back to "normal". It doesn't itch or hurt more than usual. Last night I did watch a movie and was on the computer a little too long. Anyway, has this every happened to anyone?

Thanks!

Yes, I have to give it at least 2 days. Sometimes it happens if I rub it too hard or have been in a room with forced air for too long. When I started a new job, my eyes reacted terribly to the "new" air. Don't know why. If it still remains after a day or so and a good night's sleep, I put in some lotemax.

Comment

Thanks! Of course tomorrow is a state holiday in Utah so the doc is closed but hopefully it will be cleared up by tomorrow.

Comment

Kate, this has happened to me many times. I don't know why but it clears up. What is your routine now? Are you still dieting?

Comment

How long does it usually take Faith? I've been on Restasis 2x daily since Feb. I'm on a low carb diet (40grams daily) and try to keep off the computer and tv.

Comment

Like a day or two or three lol if it doesn't hurt your eye probably just got irritated somehow and it may take a bit for the inflammation to go down. Do you have steroids to use for a few days?

Comment

Yeah I took a shower right before I went to bed so maybe some soap got in one eye. Its a bit better but still a lot redder than it usually is. I don't have any steroids...even if I did they are probably over a year old

Comment

Is the 40 grams of carbs helping?! Are you off fruit?

Comment

I think so. Yeah, I don't eat any fruit at all. Basically a bowl of oatmeal every morning and no carbs after that. Sometimes I'll do a juice with a 1/2 green apple, so I guess I do some fruit lol

Comment

Hey, I woke up once and my right eye was very red, I was staying at my aunties and it was simply because the pillow wasn't hypoallergenic, I'll always take my own pillow and pillowcase when I go on hol now. It took a couple of days of a lot of flushing with eye drops to sort it out.

Cath x
                    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Today is much better. Still not 100% back to "normal" but a lot better than yesterday. I put all my sheets in the wash in case there was some shampoo or lotion on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X