Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mental health: How do you deal with anxiety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

Thank you so much
    No problem! Good luck with sclerals!

Rebecca Petris I hope so. Time heals.

Comment

Gee Ebi, Dr Al Ghoul referred me to a Calgary doc for the scleral fittings. I totally would not want to be going to Van cause I was back and forth at least 6 times maybe more, it is not an easy process. I saw Dr. Lasby over at Mission Eye Care in the old Holy Cross Hospital and I felt she was good

Comment

A few thoughts--as much for future people reading the thread-- but very happy to see a tiny bit more hope coming through later in the thread. Non benzo options that may help moderate anxiety in the every 2% change helps category:
        B complex (specifically, ensure you have B12 and folate)
        Magnesium (preferably a citrate or malate form-- AVOID oxalate)
        Theanine (I need a tad bit more than they recommend)
        Melatonin (small amounts at bed, the dissolve in your mouth form, before bed)
        Eating seafood tends to help with brain health in various ways if you lack omega-3 (DHA/EPA) in your diet (if you already have them, not much of a difference)
        Exercise

There's also a product called RelaxMax that you typically have to get through a health coach/psych type person (US) that can be helpful but does contain a little GABA.

-->I'd suggest talking to your health care team about safe doses of anything given anything else you might be on.

Australia has a cool self-directed CBT program online called THIS WAY UP that is helpful for anxiety/depression/insomnia. I think they have mindfulness now, too. Super cheap: Feeling Good is a rather dense classic you can buy used for about $2.00 but takes a bit more work.

And the anxiety is very, very real. DIY ideas to manage included steam face baths to help make it through a very cold dry winter, all the drops, a few drugs... This week--moisture chamber glasses are a thing? How did none of four ophthalmologists mention these?!

Comment

Working...
        X