Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glares and floaters after Lasik

Hi,
    I am Lasik Induced patient and currently observing some floaters (black dots) moving in front of the eyes.
    I cant understand the reason that why they have increased , is it due to bright lights or something else? Or is it that I sit in some dim lightings.

Is it due to using some artificial tears?
    I do observe I get glares when seeing TV which I did not experience earlier.

Can anyone experience similar symptoms and any remedies to resolve this .

Thanks....

Hi there, welcome. Floaters are shadows in the vitreous and they shouldn't be affected by anything like artificial tears. Doctors tend to tell us that LASIK shouldn't make any difference to floaters (other than that we might notice more because we're noticing our vision more overall). But... anecdotally... a lot of us have some floater issues after LASIK. I certainly do, I have masses of them. I was actually very aware of my floaters before LASIK and noticed the changes. I do find that under different lighting conditions I may notice them more or less.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Very Thanks Rebecca for the Information I noticed more or couldn't identify the reason ,as to after checking my eyes for numbers in digital eye check up machine or probably due to being more conscious .

Comment

Working...
      X