No announcement yet.

Nulids, curious your thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doxy at 100mg, an iLux treatment which is similar to lipiflow but a lot cheaper, serum drops, a very mild steroid on alternative days, sleeping with goggles, being in humid Florida for a month, and finally realising that 20sec in the microwave is way too hot for me on the compresses.

I still have terrible constant neuropathy, but a lot less additional dry eye burning.

By the way they do trap you into paying more by making the heads disposable - they cost $1 each and come with a strong warning not to try and clean them an reuse them over more than a 24hr period...

Comment

Originally posted by Lena11 View Post
      Doxy at 100mg, an iLux treatment which is similar to lipiflow but a lot cheaper, serum drops, a very mild steroid on alternative days, sleeping with goggles, being in humid Florida for a month, and finally realising that 20sec in the microwave is way too hot for me on the compresses.

I still have terrible constant neuropathy, but a lot less additional dry eye burning.

By the way they do trap you into paying more by making the heads disposable - they cost $1 each and come with a strong warning not to try and clean them an reuse them over more than a 24hr period...
      Thanks for the heads up, I guess you’d have to assume as much, there are very few dry eye patients willing to buy this I assume. So you have to keep that cash flow coming in somehow.

Im doing pretty much everything you’re doing except the lipiflow. I am glad you’re figuring out the compress. It can really make things worse when done wrong, as you know. I’d say if I put the compress on right away, I’d go about 15-17 seconds. What I do now is heat it for 20 seconds, usually goes up to 50C and then I let it cool for a couple minutes constantly checking til the temp gets to 42C. Because I notice if I go lower on the time, both sides don’t heat evenly. I’ll get the left one at 40C and the right at 43C which is actually a huge difference. So I get them both real hot and they eventually cool pretty evenly after that couple of minutes and I apply them at 42C. It’s the max I can go without causing more inflammation. Crazy I didn’t even think about each side being a different temp until I actually checked it.

Comment

Hey guys. I got a NuLids to try out. I just have to remember to uh take it home and actually use it!

I actually kind of like it... I think I'm just getting really, really jaded by all the over-marketing of all the in-office procedures which are designed more for profit than anything else. The technology development, IMO, ought to be going into self-care.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca Petris Keep us posted on what you think! Sounds like $700 all in covers the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            Hey guys. I got a NuLids to try out. I just have to remember to uh take it home and actually use it!

I actually kind of like it... I think I'm just getting really, really jaded by all the over-marketing of all the in-office procedures which are designed more for profit than anything else. The technology development, IMO, ought to be going into self-care.
            I agree, I just hope it goes that direction. It seems that most people getting into dry eye technology are doing so because it’s a growing field. Not necessarily because they have a passion for dry eye. So weeding through the products that are money makers for the company vs having actual benefits, is difficult and costly. But again, my hot compress is one of the most effective tools I have. Costs 20 bucks a month and is probably one of the cheaper tools I use also.

Comment

Yeah honestly there's a ton of marketing hype going into glorified compresses and wipes. The medical studies are getting a *little bit* better but still incredibly non-rigorous in terms of even documenting what kind of warm compress they compared their fancy schmancy thing to.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

I've had the Nulids device for a few weeks now. I was having Blephex treatments before which seemed to help. I don't see where Nulids is doing anything more for my drye eyes & blelpharitis. I found they felt worse and told the company so. The woman from Nusight Medical said some doctors instruct their patients to do the warm compress first. I tried that which helped but my eyes feel no different than when I do warm compresses without doing Nulids. The person from the doctor office called me to come in for her to demonstrate Nulids. She is young, in her twenties and claimed she has a bad case of dry eye & blepharities. I don't believe her as her eyes looked normal. I believe she is marketing for Nusight Medical. I will continue to try Nulids for awhile but unless something changes it will be money down the drain.

Comment

Has anyone had any success with using the NuLid device for MGD primarily for capped glands?

Comment

I've been dealing with severe MGD including atrophy and capped glands for a long time. I was having my glands manually expressed every three to four months very thoroughly just so that I wouldn't lose any more of them. Since I've been using Nulids, my ophthalmologist told me I can wait five to six months for the expression as there are less capped glands now which has to be attributed to Nulids. I use the device twice a day immediately following my compress. Having said that, it took me a long time to be able to use the device properly but I feel it actually has done something for me.

Comment

Any updates on this? Rebecca how did you like it?

Comment

Rebecca Petris Hello! Just wonder how the Nulids is going? Is it still good? Looking forward to your reply! x Aline

Comment

Working...
                        X