Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great news for those who suffer from pinguecula / ptegyrion !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realMadridFTW View Post
    I've found 5g of pure powder on ebay.uk (80$)

I use it twice a day, sometimes once.

Another thing that i want to try :

http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=4964

The result after 4 weeks are very promising !!
    Thanks so much for posting your progress and fingers crossed you continue to get better and better - its great news

I'm too holding out for medinsight producing their version under strict production guidelines but they do seem to be taking an awful long time from when they said it would be ready within 2 months back in April - doh

Comment

Originally posted by realMadridFTW View Post
      I've found 5g of pure powder on ebay.uk (80$)

I use it twice a day, sometimes once.

Another thing that i want to try :

http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=4964

The result after 4 weeks are very promising !!
      Do you mean this one?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/330546441415?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought it too and waiting...

Comment

can we be even certain that this product has passed clinical trials and is ready for fda application? i can't seem to find any clinical testing on it. also from the article it sounds like a few doctors in a lab experimenting and nothing officially tested in a trial yet. if something is going to be out in a few months or any day, that means it should already be with the FDA awaiting approval. fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by tim20112 View Post
          can we be even certain that this product has passed clinical trials and is ready for fda application? i can't seem to find any clinical testing on it. also from the article it sounds like a few doctors in a lab experimenting and nothing officially tested in a trial yet. if something is going to be out in a few months or any day, that means it should already be with the FDA awaiting approval. fingers crossed.
          Well the patent is already published, there they go through all the clinical testing they do and the results they got.
          If you want to check out the patent here is the link: http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014141079A1?cl=en

Comment

Originally posted by crev177 View Post
            Well the patent is already published, there they go through all the clinical testing they do and the results they got.
            If you want to check out the patent here is the link: http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014141079A1?cl=en
            thanks. but i've been researching drug development quite a bit lately. normally the patent is the first thing that comes out. then it is years and years and years of trials and applications. i am just not sure they have even started clinical trials yet much less what most people are thinking (which is that they could come out with this product to the public any month) . but i hope i am wrong

Comment

For those who ask me if I can send them my own drops, it is not possible due to the French customs that would block the package.
              However I can tell you how I made them:
              You need:

1) Courage, because it's never easy to put something experimental in his eyes

2) A balance accurate to milligram

3) Ophthalmic saline

4) PH paper

5) The most important and the hardest to find: the pure powder dipyridamole

For the dipyridamole is dissolved must lower the ph .
              The natural pH of tear fluid is 7.4; however, discomfort for the user Will not be felt as long as the pH of the administered medication stays in the ranks of 6.6-7.8
              Beware, the dosage Must Be very accurate: 0.08 g per liter

Comment

Originally posted by limited733 View Post
                Do you mean this one?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/330546441415?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought it too and waiting...
                It looks good to me.
                The powder should be yellow, and dissolve instantly as soon as the pH decreases.

Comment

Glad to hear this is working for some but...ordering stuff off ebay to put in your eyes?? Please oh please be careful....this is scaring me a bit. There is all kinds of sketchy stuff from China on there...

Comment

Here's the response I got from Medinsight

"the first stage of being able to produce the drops will hopefully be finished after 2-3 months. I'm not sure how much beyond that it will take to make them available for purchase- it will depend on the manufacturing agreement arranged at that time.
                    I do not yet know about the availability of clinical trials- that is dependent on a few factors that will reveal themselves also in the next couple of months."

Not much Clearer unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by KateIre View Post

"the first stage of being able to produce the drops will hopefully be finished after 2-3 months. I'm not sure how much beyond that it will take to make them available for purchase- it will depend on the manufacturing agreement arranged at that time.
                      I do not yet know about the availability of clinical trials- that is dependent on a few factors that will reveal themselves also in the next couple of months."

I feel like medsight is giving everyone very different responses. I received and email a few months back stating that the drops would be available for purchase in two months (which would have made them available sometime in late July/early aug) when I emailed for an update she said production was stalled and that they should be done soon. This wait sucks!!! Medsight is located in the United States I believe which is where I am located, I'm not sure if that makes a difference in there responses or not.

Comment

Originally posted by KateIre View Post

Hello,

Thank You for sharing the response you got. I just don't understand when they say: ''I do not yet know about the availability of clinical trials- that is dependent on a few factors that will reveal themselves also in the next couple of months."

Does that mean they haven't done any clinical trials yet?

Comment

I want these eye drops sooooo bad!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello,

Thank You for sharing the response you got. I just don't understand when they say: ''I do not yet know about the availability of clinical trials- that is dependent on a few factors that will reveal themselves also in the next couple of months."

Does that mean they haven't done any clinical trials yet?
                            Hi Crev

If you read this article posted earlier in the thread it will explain a lot - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3995373/

You could say that a clinical trial of a sample size of 1 has happened but that's not the same as what the medical community classifies as a clinical trial

True i can understand people warning people about unproven treatments but i also have to applaud the seemingly genuine democratic choice that we potentially have here - I'm all for public safety but at the same time Im not so keen on banning something thats simply new if that makes any sense - driving people to buy products off eBay is potentially more dangerous than legal manufacture if and when that happens - that's my two pennys worth

Comment

Originally posted by steveyez View Post
                              Hi Crev

If you read this article posted earlier in the thread it will explain a lot - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3995373/

You could say that a clinical trial of a sample size of 1 has happened but that's not the same as what the medical community classifies as a clinical trial

True i can understand people warning people about unproven treatments but i also have to applaud the seemingly genuine democratic choice that we potentially have here - I'm all for public safety but at the same time Im not so keen on banning something thats simply new if that makes any sense - driving people to buy products off eBay is potentially more dangerous than legal manufacture if and when that happens - that's my two pennys worth
                              Hi steveyez, thanks for your response, I have read that article so many times now that I think I have memorized it lol. I just wasn't sure if they have done any testing besides the lady from the case report, I read the patent also and they did test the drops with more people but I don't know if those are the official trials or not.
                              I totally agree with you about the availability of the potential cure we have with this eyedrops, I just wish they were available already, I guess we have to be patients for the next months.

Comment

Hi steveyez, thanks for your response, I have read that article so many times now that I think I have memorized it lol. I just wasn't sure if they have done any testing besides the lady from the case report, I read the patent also and they did test the drops with more people but I don't know if those are the official trials or not.
                                I totally agree with you about the availability of the potential cure we have with this eyedrops, I just wish they were available already, I guess we have to be patients for the next months.
                                i've been researching a lot about drug development lately and i am pretty sure that this drop has not even started clinical trials. they prob are in the pre trial phase where they believe they have got something and filed a patent. i believe we are a solid 5 years away from this drug coming to market if everything goes smoothly. of course, with drugs, that is a big IF.

Comment

Working...
                                X