Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great news for those who suffer from pinguecula / ptegyrion !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine when I was 20, I'm almost 28, can't remember what it was like not to have them, for first 5 years they weren't red then 2 years ago dry eye stepped up a gear and they are very all the time. If you've just developed them and they haven't got the veins going to them yet do all you can to stop your dry eye getting worse. Cath x
    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

I need a solution like yesterday!!It is so embarassing!All the time am being told and asked if i smoked cannabis because me eyes are so bloodshot ...I am always avoiding eye contact and social contacts and that is just crap!
      Last edited by limited733; 27-Nov-2014, 15:00.

Comment

43 and I could not remember when i started having dry eye. I just started noticing the pinguecula about a year ago. Now I'm really concious about it. Don't like looking at people in the eye or try to avoid the eye contact. I hope this med is really make thing better for pinguecula patients.

Comment

I'm 27 and I noticed my first one about 7 months ago and then another small one shortly after in the other eye I have always had dry eyes but they got much much worse right before the pings formed. I hate them so much and they are getting worse by the day it seems. REALMADRID how is the treatment going? Are your pings any better??

Comment

Hey guys,
            In my case I think I developed pinguecula because since I was very little I used to spend most of my time outdoors and I was living in a very sunny place, I think I developed pinguecula when I was around 13-14!! But I started noticing like when I was 18-19,I'm 22 almost 23 now, Its very mild but still its not Lt pleasant.
            Anyways I had 2 compunding pharmacies deliver me the eye drops, the first formulation I think it didn't much to me, but the second one, I asked the pharmacy to make the drops superconcentrated , and I started using this yesterday and let me tell you what a difference, my eyes feel so refresh now, and hopefully in a few days the veins will be gone.
            The only issue is that the pH that patetnt states, did not work when the pharmacist made the drops, so she had to lower even more the pH to 5.6! It stings for a bit but it is just momentarily.
            I wish you guys all the best and don't let this annoying thing disturb you!!

Comment

Originally posted by crev177 View Post
              Hey guys,
              In my case I think I developed pinguecula because since I was very little I used to spend most of my time outdoors and I was living in a very sunny place, I think I developed pinguecula when I was around 13-14!! But I started noticing like when I was 18-19,I'm 22 almost 23 now, Its very mild but still its not Lt pleasant.
              Anyways I had 2 compunding pharmacies deliver me the eye drops, the first formulation I think it didn't much to me, but the second one, I asked the pharmacy to make the drops superconcentrated , and I started using this yesterday and let me tell you what a difference, my eyes feel so refresh now, and hopefully in a few days the veins will be gone.
              The only issue is that the pH that patetnt states, did not work when the pharmacist made the drops, so she had to lower even more the pH to 5.6! It stings for a bit but it is just momentarily.
              I wish you guys all the best and don't let this annoying thing disturb you!!
              Crev177 - great news to hear your eyes are feeling better, how are they looking? I'm still chasing MedInSight (very frustrating) to those interested I started a new thread on here titled 'to those interested in dipyridamole drops' I will post any updates there.

I'm trying my best to hold out for the company to respond, but fearing they will drag it out another few months. May have to order some from you and realMadrid at this rate!

Comment

Originally posted by ClaireW View Post
                Crev177 - great news to hear your eyes are feeling better, how are they looking? I'm still chasing MedInSight (very frustrating) to those interested I started a new thread on here titled 'to those interested in dipyridamole drops' I will post any updates there.

I'm trying my best to hold out for the company to respond, but fearing they will drag it out another few months. May have to order some from you and realMadrid at this rate!
                Hi claire, my eyes are less irritated and the veins look better, the pinguecula is very mild but enough for me to notice them, my vision is good so no issues on that, I think that if you are able to find a compounding pharmacy that can help you with the drops you should go ahead and give it a shot, worst thing that can happen is that it may not do anything, and there is a great possibility that it will help you, wish you all the best.
                I will post an update in a week and will let you guys know the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by crev177 View Post
                  Hi claire, my eyes are less irritated and the veins look better, the pinguecula is very mild but enough for me to notice them, my vision is good so no issues on that, I think that if you are able to find a compounding pharmacy that can help you with the drops you should go ahead and give it a shot, worst thing that can happen is that it may not do anything, and there is a great possibility that it will help you, wish you all the best.
                  I will post an update in a week and will let you guys know the progress.
                  Hey thanks for your hasty response!

Any chance you can post pics of your progress so we can see how they've worked?

Hope they keep getting better and better! RealMadrid how are you doing?

Comment

Fourth month of treatment.
                    No change, my eyes are no longer red but pinguecula is always present
                    It has not decreased in size and has not changed color.

Comment

• Originally posted by realMadridFTW View Post
                      Fourth month of treatment.
                      No change, my eyes are no longer red but pinguecula is always present
                      It has not decreased in size and has not changed color.
                      Hi,

I'm sorry to hear nothing has happened to the pings yet - give it a bit more time. On the research study did it say it took up to a year?

With the veins have they faded or disappeared completely?

Comment

• Hi everyone.

MedInSight got back to me saying she will ask a gentleman called Moshe (I'm not sure what his role in the company is - might be a question to ask!) all our questions about the drops.

Anyone who has last minute questions please post them on the new thread I started titled 'to those who have an interest in the dipyridamole drops' - tomorrow afternoon is the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClaireW View Post
                          Hi everyone.

MedInSight got back to me saying she will ask a gentleman called Moshe (I'm not sure what his role in the company is - might be a question to ask!) all our questions about the drops.

Anyone who has last minute questions please post them on the new thread I started titled 'to those who have an interest in the dipyridamole drops' - tomorrow afternoon is the deadline.
                          Hey! In my case I've been using the drops for almost 2 weeks and, wow! They are almost gone! The veins are less enlarged and my eyes feel refresh all the time will post pics later!

Comment

Hi everyone.

Hi Claire

Ive been chatting to Moshe for a few months - he's the main man for medinsight and for this research and he's very very helpful

Cheers Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by steveyez View Post
                              Hi Claire

Ive been chatting to Moshe for a few months - he's the main man for medinsight and for this research and he's very very helpful

Cheers Steve
                              Hi Steve just read this post too! Believe we'll be chatting to Moshe soon too!

Crev - wow incredible news to hear they are nearly all gone! Please please please send pics through, it'll give this downhearted girl hope!

If it's easier to send pics via email then please send it to Claire.m.williams86@gmail.com

Where are you based as way of interest?

Comment

Hi Steve just read this post too! Believe we'll be chatting to Moshe soon too!

Crev - wow incredible news to hear they are nearly all gone! Please please please send pics through, it'll give this downhearted girl hope!

If it's easier to send pics via email then please send it to Claire.m.williams86@gmail.com

Where are you based as way of interest?
                                Hi Claire, I promise you I will post pics tomorrow or the day after, cheer up! There is hope! I think that if you don't want to wait until medinsight you should find a pharmacy that can help you with this, just show them the case report and the patent, they should be able to make them, they are not hard to make. I live in Canada by the way.
                                Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X