Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great news for those who suffer from pinguecula / ptegyrion !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve, has Moshe told you anything that we have not heard from shira?

Crev, that is so amazing!!! So happy for you! Did you need a prescription from you dr to have the drops made? I am in the US and I am thinking about contacting a compounding pharmacy but I think I would need a prescription from my eye dr and I doubt she will do it. How long have you had your pings for?

Comment

• Originally posted by michelle555 View Post
      Steve, has Moshe told you anything that we have not heard from shira?

Crev, that is so amazing!!! So happy for you! Did you need a prescription from you dr to have the drops made? I am in the US and I am thinking about contacting a compounding pharmacy but I think I would need a prescription from my eye dr and I doubt she will do it. How long have you had your pings for?
      Hi Michelle, yes I had to get a prescription, unfortunetly my family doctor turned me down and didn't give me the prescription BUT I went go see the nicest optometrist and she gave me the prescription, here in Ontario Canada optometrist can prescribe eye medications so the pharmacy was OK with it, not sure how is it in the states though but I wish you good luck! Let me know if you do get them!

Comment

• Originally posted by michelle555 View Post
        Steve, has Moshe told you anything that we have not heard from shira?
        Michelle if you look at medinsight then moshe is the founder and the research leader - i believe Shira will be getting info second hand from moshe but that is still a valuable role as it allows moshe to concentrate on research

Comment

• Originally posted by steveyez View Post
          Michelle if you look at medinsight then moshe is the founder and the research leader - i believe Shira will be getting info second hand from moshe but that is still a valuable role as it allows moshe to concentrate on research
          Yea, I was aware that Moshe was the head guy in charge! Just didn't know if you had heard anything more than the rest of us had, but I'm sure we will hear what's going on once he answers our questions. I just want the drops like yesterday! UGH!

Comment

• I have posted Moshe's reply on the 'dipyridamole drops' thread.

Claire x

Comment

• Originally posted by ClaireW View Post
              I have posted Moshe's reply on the 'dipyridamole drops' thread.

Claire x

Thanks ClaireW !!

Comment

• So we have to wait 2-4 years to see something in store?

Comment

• I just called Leiters compounding pharmacy in San Jose California and they said they don't make the drops yet. But perhaps maybe they will make them with the case study and the patent so I'll have To check that. If anyone has the link to the patent and the case study that would be great. Also if anybody knows a pharmacy in the US that is making these right now I would be very interested. Thanks

Comment

• Hi All! I am going to post this in both threads so it can be seen by all! I have some promising news. My eye doctor is open to the idea of the drops. She works with a compounding pharmacy but she wants to research the information. How many people here have had there doctors prescribe them the drops? She was wanted to know how others have gone about it, who there doctors are and what compunding pharmacies they used... Any info will be helpful! Thank you all! And I suggest you all talk to your doctors! It couldn't hurt! I'm located in US but any info will help. She was worried that it might be difficult to have them made due to FDA regulations but since dipryramidole is already approved and regularly prescribed it may be possible. I'm located in San Diego CA

Comment

• Hey i am in san diego too and my doctor is dr. Afshari at shiley eye center at ucsd. I have used leiters compounding pharmacy in san jose and newport compounding in newport beach. I have also used pj's prescription shoppe in san diego. I have not discussed the drops with my doctor yet but i am hoping she will be open to it. Thanks to claire for posting the link to the patent and trials and for all your hard work on this!

Comment

• After 4 months of treatment my pinguecula is always there , always present but less inflamed

Maybe my own solution is not stable, I still waiting the drops I've ordered

Comment

• Hello guys, have you any update?

Comment

• Originally posted by gouranga View Post
                            Hello guys, have you any update?
                            this is the main thread about the drops

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...mole-eye-drops

Comment

• Hi, Just curious of results of people who have being using the eye drops for a while.
                              Ive just ordered mine and am awaiting delivery.
                              They are pretty expensive so hopeful they are worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by realMadridFTW View Post
                                For those who ask me if I can send them my own drops, it is not possible due to the French customs that would block the package.
                                However I can tell you how I made them:
                                You need:

1) Courage, because it's never easy to put something experimental in his eyes

2) A balance accurate to milligram

3) Ophthalmic saline

4) PH paper

5) The most important and the hardest to find: the pure powder dipyridamole

For the dipyridamole is dissolved must lower the ph .
                                The natural pH of tear fluid is 7.4; however, discomfort for the user Will not be felt as long as the pH of the administered medication stays in the ranks of 6.6-7.8
                                Beware, the dosage Must Be very accurate: 0.08 g per liter
                                Hello there, I bought one bottle of drops from the Israeli company, and it works. Thank you!! My pinguecula is still there (only used formula for a month), but the redness and dry eyes improved very quickly and dramatically. I have run out and would love to make my own drops. Above is the formula that realMadridFTW (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!) provided which I had planned to follow until I saw limited733's messages about citric acid. I didn't see this in the original post, but I'm guessing it was used to lower the ph. Can anyone comment on how much of the citric acid to start with and advise on source? Thank you limited733 for the link to the powder. It comes up in another language, maybe German, and I can not seem to change it to English. I'll keep trying though. If anyone else has a source, I'd be very very grateful for a link. Many thanks and warm regards to all, s

Comment

Working...
                                X