Confocal Microscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jovver View Post
    it looks as though getting serum in this country is going to be more than a little problematic,
    Hi David

Its complete madness that England has allowed the NHS Blood and Transplant to monopolise the control of Autologous Serum to the extent that they charge us £1500 every 3 months and the only raw material needed is free ( our blood ) so lord knows where they come up with £1500 from!!! daylight robbery

The NHS then force us with chronic dry eye to board an air conditioned plane to fly abroad to get Serum. The plane is about the toughest environment they could subject us to - you could say its close to state sponsored cruelty! The first couple of times i got on the plane before Serum slowly starting helping was hell.

As you can tell i'm not impressed by how Autologous Serum is administered in England and that's putting it mildly ( the postcode lottery in England means you maybe ok in Newcastle or Leeds and good luck to all of you )

Enjoy the bank holiday weekend
    Steve
    Last edited by steveyez; 22-Aug-2014, 22:46. Reason: typo

Comment

Sir Bruce Keogh, Royal College of Surgeons, is looking at the regulation of refractive eye surgery now on behalf of the government if anyone feels well enough to get involved.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
        Sir Bruce Keogh, Royal College of Surgeons, is looking at the regulation of refractive eye surgery now on behalf of the government if anyone feels well enough to get involved.
        He needs to look at why Autologous Serum costs £1500 in England supplied by the NHS and costs £150 from a private company in Spain

Comment

Little Mermaid, hope all is well with you. Is there a link to get involved? I had a quick Google and couldn't find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by steveyez View Post
            He needs to look at why Autologous Serum costs £1500 in England supplied by the NHS and costs £150 from a private company in Spain
            Sir Bruce Keogh also needs to look at why no other organisation apart from the NHS in England can make Autologous Serum or PRP Serum - because the NHS have a monopoly in England it seems to be why they charge 10 times what Spain charges even though the raw ingredients cost nothing!

Comment

Dear all,

For those you have been in Vissum (Spain) I would like to ask you how was the appoitment?
              Did the doctor perform any tests? The only solution that they presente is the sérum?

Thank you in advance for your help.

R.

Comment

Originally posted by RFREITAS View Post
                Dear all,
                For those you have been in Vissum (Spain) I would like to ask you how was the appoitment?
                Did the doctor perform any tests? The only solution that they presente is the sérum?
                R.
                If you go to the Vissum website you will see a contact page where you can setup the appointment - that worked for me initially now i just email reception for follow up serum - if you need any further details please PM me as i think we cannot put email addresses or web links online (which makes sense to stop people being spammed)

Dr Jorge Alio from Vissum does all the tests/consultation and he is excellent - i just wish the PRP Serum or Autologous Serum was available at an affordable price in England :-(

Best Regards
                Steve

Comment

I'm in Florida, have had con focal testing, probing, closed tear ducts and Amniotic tissue transplant for dry eye, nothing so far, continue with film causing blurring of vision. I blink continually, do not tear and have very little irritation though redness is always there. Tried restasis, now on astaxanthin. Where to next? ****** in Tampa seen for treatment but discouraged.

Comment

You might want to try the serum eye drops. One thing that helped me with the infflamation was drinking a coup of buttermilk with 1 tsp of turmeric (a very strong natural anti-infflamatory). And for the dryness was eating Salmon, specially it's skin.

Btw Grant, I'm in Florida too. Where did you go to get the Amniotic drops?

Comment

Working...
                    X