Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good warning!

Originally posted by Silverlady
    Doing this could set you up for really severe burns on the eyelids if there is a malfunction in water pressure or something.

Billye
    Yes, I've definitely lived in places where this would be crazy to try. Thanks for pointing that out.
    ---
    Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
    Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

Hi Steve

Few things to try maybe. Like you i get agitated when eye lids look red as if i have ben out partying when i haven't. Work involves lots of pc use also. Can be very disheartening when you try lots of stuff and don't get the results you want.

To get some visable oil action going in the eyes when my eyes feel particularly red and irritated, usually on a evening.

at home:
      Hot shower, followed by filling the sink with warm water. I then dip my face under the water for say 20 seconds. the sustained feeling of the warm water over my eyes is very soothing. Straight after this i do a rice baggy thing for around 10 mins. After this my vison is blurry for a while, a sure sign that the oil is being released.

at work:
      I find that a liposomal eye spray called 'Clarymist' helps make the lid margins less red during the day. and i have using this more recently in and around smoky atmospheres when out. Certainly helps.

cheers
      ben

Comment

Hi Steve,
        I was wondering how do you realize that you have posterior blepharitis? I am new here, and I have more redness under the lower eyelids and DES.
        Thank you.
        George

Comment

Working...
        X