This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Quality HA drop

Hi all, does anyone know if there are any HA drops available in the UK that contain the recommended- ''high molecular weight, long chain'' HA that has been found to help?

I know of 3 HA drops in UK - Blink Intensive tears, Clinitas Soothe, and Hycosan. I've read Blink does not use the type of HA above, but not sure about the other two?

What is HA? And how are they suppose to help dry eye?
    I use hyloforte which contain sodium hyauronate @ 2% but i still have to apply every 30 mins!
    Any info gratefully received!

Comment

HA = Hyaluronic Acid. I think its the same as Sodium Hyaluronate.
      From what I've read artificial tears with Long chain & high molecular weight sodium hyaluronate can help heal the surface of the eye. I was interested in this as I'm having some residual issues with dry eyes from Lasek last year.
      Someone else recommended Hyloforte to me as well, I'm going to give this a try. Thanks

Comment

Hi,

If you search for indrep, a moderator on these forums you'll see some posts about HA drops and how they work.

Comment

I do believe it is world Best HA eye drops
          http://www.ursapharm.de/en/products/...care/hylo-gel/

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Dog2012 View Post
            I do believe it is world Best HA eye drops
            http://www.ursapharm.de/en/products/...care/hylo-gel/

Hi are Hyloforte and Hylogel the same drops but just in different packaging?

Comment

I have not tried these, but would like to, and am curious if anyone with first hand knowledge can recommend a drop containing HA (or sodium hyaluronite in a higher concentration) that is available in the U.S.?

Comment

I ordered hyloforte from an online site based in the UK and they didn't take that long to ship to me internationally. You can't get the hylo forte or hylo gel in the U.S. but they are reasonably priced, even with international shipping costs. I'm not sure if there are any HA drops in the U.S. with a higher concentration than the Hylogel or hyloforte. For U.S. products containing HA, you could look at Oasis Tears Plus, but can't remember the percentage HA. I think Oasis is only available at doctor's offices, though. Haven't seen it in regular drug stores. I did see them on Amazon.

Comment

Thank you for your reply ATL! I will probably go ahead then and order them via the UK. And since our symptoms seem to be similar, I'm curious to know if you think they have helped you out at all? In short, do you feel like it was a worthwhile purchase for you?
                  Last edited by MGD666; 21-Nov-2014, 20:27.

Comment

Just following up on my own research here - Oasis Tears Plus looks to be prohibitively expensive - at least when purchased directly (currently $61 on Amazon!).
                    The Clinitas Soothe drops (also only available via the UK) seem to have the highest concentration of HA at .4% vs. most of the others (Hylo Forte, Hycosan Plus or Hycosan Extra which have .2%) so I am thinking of trying those.

Comment

I did try the Oasis Tears Plus for a while, and they worked better than some of the others I tried in that they did not sting as much. Suddenly, though, I was unable to tolerate any drops at all, so I probably can't give the best review. If it exists, I have probably ordered/purchased it, at some point. I hope the Clinitas brand works for you.

If you find that regular drops are giving you trouble, perhaps consider autologous serum tears.

Comment

Thanks again ATL - are you still using serum then? And are you still considering scleral lenses?

Comment

Serum was good when I was going through a rough patch with serious inflammation. After awhile, it didn't seem to have much of an effect. It is worth a try if you are seriously inflamed but my insurance did not cover it. It was about $180 for about a three month supply for me and there was only one compounding pharmacy in the entire state that made these.

I have AD and MGD so I don't really know if sclerals would work for me. I think the cost plus time spent to get the right fit is an issue right now. Some others on the board have had some luck with them, though.

Comment

For all here in the USA you can order Hylo through Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
                              Just following up on my own research here - Oasis Tears Plus looks to be prohibitively expensive - at least when purchased directly (currently $61 on Amazon!).
                              Jimminy crickets that's crazy. Can't believe somebody's getting away with that.

Oasis Tears Plus is $22 direct from the manufacturer at oasismedical.com. Incidentally it's .3%. (versus .2% in regular Oasis Tears).
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X