Gritty Sensation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
    pythonidler mentioned in his post that serum drops helped him with the grittiness. The same thing happened to me. He said damaged/irritated nerves could create that sensation according to his doc.

I don’t know for sure but since you had a surgery, I would recommend serum. Maybe it will help with grittiness. It is one of the only things that can restore corneal nerves so that they can tell your brain that you need tears.
    Serum helps my gritty feeling for sure. Mine is not nerve damage per say. Although I’m sure the nerves are a bit fried. For me it’s the eyes open during sleep causing the grittiness. Just plain old dryness. Again, serum helps, but sealing my eyes shut is the actual “cure” or remedy I should say.

I recommend serum to everyone though because its safe and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
      Thanks hopeful_hiker.

Did your doctor also say the reason is damaged/irritated nerve (in cornea?)??

I have such grittiness 2-3 times/week, lasts some minutes to hours.
      After saline today, I have not put any drops, nor compress for 12 hours and eyes are good, dont feel dry

serum: will consult doctor and maybe try the finger one.

A local doctor prescribed me serum drops. I read some papers on corneal neuropathy and as well as staining/ TBUT and the effects of serum. Same as Dowork123, I see serum as a safe helpful instrument and don’t understand why this has to be a last resort option. Our eyes are damaged by dryness, why not boost the healing? Yet, some docs don’t even know what serum drops are!

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 25-Dec-2018, 11:16.

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 25-Dec-2018, 11:16.

Comment

Hi ebi
            Are your eyes still gritty after IPL/expression?

I do not have it for 2 weeks, each single day.
            I did expression & BlephEx recently, not sure if they are the reasons.

BlephEx, dr said for debridement (another dr told me BlephEx serves such funcation too).
            According to Dr Korb it makes lid margin smooth so tear can spread evenly.
            I have never done it, so why not. I guess, we just need to explore NEW things.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
              Hi ebi
              Are your eyes still gritty after IPL/expression?

I do not have it for 2 weeks, each single day.
              I did expression & BlephEx recently, not sure if they are the reasons.

BlephEx, dr said for debridement (another dr told me BlephEx serves such funcation too).
              According to Dr Korb it makes lid margin smooth so tear can spread evenly.
              I have never done it, so why not. I guess, we just need to explore NEW things.
              I have done IPL on Saturday. I am still recovering from the eyelid expression but my eyes are better.

The other thing is, it has been rainy in Calgary for the last couple of days so I am not sure if it is because of IPL or the weather. I am more leaned toward weather. I think the weather is the most effective thing for me.

Comment

Working...
              X