Palpebral lobes of lacrimal glands appeared atrophic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palpebral lobes of lacrimal glands appeared atrophic

Well got the written formal finding from Mr. Walker.

Everything is as my last post but the above has been included!

What does that mean and can it be treated? PRP injections maybe?

Originally posted by quattroboy View Post

Possibly, have you seen pythonfinders review of pro injections? Search that real fast and look at his experience. I know meibum Ian also had the injections. Seems the reviews are not that great sadly. However I guess anything is worth a try. I know puthonfinder actually had a horrible reaction. He lost 30% of his nerves to inflammation after the injection, as seen on confocal microscopy. He was also using serum 8 times a day and losing those nerves. So for him, it was very bad. He also stated afterward that unless he had Sjogren. It would be foolish to do the prp injection into the lacrinal gland (his opinion).

let me see if I can find it...

http://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/dr...prp-injections

Boom!

Comment

I think it would be quite reasonable to contact him and ask about this, particularly as it wasn't mentioned at the time

Comment

What are the symptoms of this? How can you tell if Lacrimal gland is astrophid?

Comment

How could the doc pinpoint it so precisely? Did you do an MRI or a biopsy? Does that indicate Sjogren’s or other autoimmune conditions? In other words, is the gland damaged (lost acini) or is it just not making tears so if you stimulate the nerve with TrueTear it will work?

Comment

I found this when googling, Mr. Walker just used the slit lamp but spent ages before even putting in any staining, and then spent more time.

"The lacrimal gland is composed of a larger orbital lobe and a smaller palpebral lobe. The gland is located within a fossa of the frontal bone in the superotemporal orbit. Ducts from both lobes pass through the palpebral lobe and empty into the upper conjunctival fornix temporally. Frequently, a portion of the palpebral lobe is visible on slit-lamp examination with the upper eyelid everted"

Comment

Heard from Mr. Walker

"Basically, the tear glands looked very small

could be hormonal or denervation based, or a combination of both."

Comment

Working...
              X