Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a setback with some corneal scraping, looking for some advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a setback with some corneal scraping, looking for some advice...

My eyes have been pretty good lately but 3 nights ago I went to bed and a few minutes later after closing my eyes I suddenly felt stabbing pain in my right eye with the slightest movement. I flushed it out with some saline and did all the other tips I could find online to remove debris from your eye, but the pain lasted through the night. I saw my eye Doctor the next morning and an eye stain test showed a a lot of corneal scraping in a vertical pattern. He could not locate any foreign bodies in my eye or lids so he thought that whatever caused the scraping had been flushed out. He gave me a moisture contact to wear if it was still painful and I've had it in since then. It does help greatly with the pain but I decided to take it out tonight to see if things were better and the pain returned right away. I also noticed that when I pulled my upper eyelid up to take the contact out, the white part of the eye above the iris was covered in visible red scrapes. I don't know if that's an indication of something still scraping the eye or if it's just unhealed yet from the initial damage.

I'm probably freaking out prematurely here, but I went for so long with no answers regarding my dry eye that I guess I'm paranoid about going through something like that again. Has anyone here had a sudden onset of corneal scraping or a foreign object in their eyes that was hard to find? How long does it take the cornea to heal from abrasions? Anyway I cant begin to say how grateful I am for this website and thanks to everyone in advance who reads this!

Problem solved, went back to the Doctor and I had a fiberglass sliver stick inside my eyelid

Comment

Working...
    X