Avenova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avenova

Has anyone used Avenova for MGD or ocular (eyelid) rosacea? I've read about it and wanted to try it . My eye doctor said she was not familiar with it and refused to give me a prescription for it. I've read that it helps eliminate bacteria on the lid margins and inflammation in the meibomian glands. I know there are some non prescription versions of it, but they are not exactly the same formula as Avenova. Actually the non prescription versions seem to have higher percentages of Hypochlorous acid. I would prefer to start with the lowest concentration, as in Avenova, because my eyelids are quite sensitive.
    What was your experience?
    sigpic

Avenova does not require a RX, it is OTC from my understanding.

What treatments have you used? Have you tried actual antibiotics like doxy and azithromycin (topical or systemic)?

Comment

I"m going to try topical azithromycin (Azasite) . I can't tolerate oral antibiotics, so can't use that method. So far, I've tried warm compresses, some lid massage, and fish oil supplements. I'm very careful with trying things because I don't want to risk making things worse for whatever reason. Is there also a topical doxy? Avenova website says it's prescription only, but I'm going to check this.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kkahthesea View Post
        I"m going to try topical azithromycin (Azasite) . I can't tolerate oral antibiotics, so can't use that method. So far, I've tried warm compresses, some lid massage, and fish oil supplements. I'm very careful with trying things because I don't want to risk making things worse for whatever reason. Is there also a topical doxy? Avenova website says it's prescription only, but I'm going to check this.
        Topical Azithromycin is really good for most MGD patients, it liquifies the gland secretions really quickly. This is well studied, you might want to get it a try too, especially if you are in EU and have access to Azyter.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
          Avenova does not require a RX, it is OTC from my understanding.

What treatments have you used? Have you tried actual antibiotics like doxy and azithromycin (topical or systemic)?
          They went full RX beginning of this year in the US at least.

Its a good product. It definitely keeps my lids from burning. I’ve used other brands, avenova is the best fir my skin. I’m sensitive as well.

Comment

Working...
          X